• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Switch tune on fly..

kojo

diesel head
Reaction score
I saw discussion on other site about switching system what would allow many (they were talking about 6) different tunes in one truck.
I've done system like that for kane, he is currently running 4 different programs with it (one with very limited fuel for yearly inspection, stock, current selling version of kojo tune and one tune what is in beta testing...) but switch is cabable of 8 different programs for our trucks.
Would there be any intrest for system like this and if is what kind tunes it should have?
If there is enough intrest for it maybe we could develop product like that with walking j.

Ps. Only for obd1 trucks

I have OBD-II so this won't directly apply to me, but I've had other programming for other vehicles and the stock program was really handy.

For diesels I would think an emissions optimized program for emissions testing would be a great idea.

My interest would be in just two tunes at this point. I occasionally tow a travel trailer, so a tune for towing that could be switched back to economy for when I'm DDing my truck. Maybe there is a tune out there that is capable of doing this without having to switch. I don't know enough about currently available tunes to know if there is one.

Someday I want to get the ATT and a tune, but for now until I can come up with the funds I'm stuck with my current mods.

Don

I've got a 2 postion set-up in the BURB with the DURAMAX, and it is AWESOME. It is nice to have the daily driver tune that gets good milage when driven easy and has some get-up when you get on it. Then at the flip of a switch I'm back to a tow tune that winds her up and keeps her in the power band meanwhile she keeps the EGT's in check and everything happy. Once you have one, it is hard to have anything else.

It's already available for obd 1. Up to six tunes can be had at the flip of the switch.

Do you have info on this? It'd be nice to be able to compare to something like the KOJO tune or Heath tune. I've heard some good reports about the ATT with a tune bringing up MPG when DDing and still giving good performance when towing. Can a single tune give me what I want? Or will a switchable tune be more versatile and give me what I want (good MPG for DDing, and good towing power)?

Don

Do you have info on this? It'd be nice to be able to compare to something like the KOJO tune or Heath tune. I've heard some good reports about the ATT with a tune bringing up MPG when DDing and still giving good performance when towing. Can a single tune give me what I want? Or will a switchable tune be more versatile and give me what I want (good MPG for DDing, and good towing power)?

I have three tunes. ECON. TOW, and LETS HAVE SOME FUN! They all work great and I'm very happy with it. Answer to your question is yes more versatile.

rob

Thanks for the reply. I see in your sig that it is a custom tune,is it available on the market, or so custom that it's not available?

What kind of MPG do you get on econ?

Anybody with a KOJO tune and 4.10's. What kind of MPGs do you get when you are DDing and being easy on the go pedal?

Don

Back