• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Swapping 1999 into 1995 k3500

Welcome man. Good to have you.

I'm not a transmission guy so you are getting what you are paying for on this one. I'm pretty sure there ain't a big difference in the transmissions for the years you are talking about. I think you would be ok with the swap.

Now if you were going from 4l60 to 4l80. That would be a different story.

@THEFERMANATOR to the rescue

He will hook you up with anything you need to know

The ones that say it's not possible are probably thinking of 4l60 to 4l80. It is possible to make that swap but that swap takes a lot of mods I think.

It may just be the trans cooler adapter that you will need for your swap though. As soon as @THEFERMANATOR sees this he will let you know exactly what you are going to need to do.

Its a 4l80e to 4l80e I was told by some its just an cooler line adapter I need and others say its not possible. Hopefully @THEFERMANATOR can clarify
Yep, that's it. You used to be able to buy the adapters pre made. Just make CERTAIN to use the correct trans fittings in the correct spot on the 99. One of the fittings is long(99% certain it's the rear one), and it will run dry on oil if you install the wrong fitting as it will dump the oil back to the pan instead of feeding the lube circuit. Only other thing is 97+ used 3/8" cooler lines vs the 5/16" of 96 and older, but it's not an issue to concern yourself with.

Also, make sure and use the correct torque converter. There was some other changes when they switched to the rear lube return line, and they list different torque converters for 91-96 vs 97+.

Back