• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Suncoast GMAX-6 Kit

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
I think it's Time to put some more Money into the Truck, and it's Time to do the Tranny.

I am Looking at the Suncoast GMAX-6 Kit, since it's the Newest, Hottest thing out for our Tranny's.

One thing I wanna know is what does it all come with? From what I can See, it comes with the C1-C4 Clutch Packs, then there's a Mention of the TransGo JR, and the Boost Valve Upgrade. Are those 2 Parts Included?

I see it doesn't come with a Converter either. What would be the best one for me to go with? I don't Tow Heavy (Jet Boat or Quad in the Bed), don't Sled Pull, Don't go Offroad. It's a Daily Driven, Street only Truck. I'm not going to do Engine Internals, but want the Final Power Level to be right on the Edge of having to do Internals, so Figure for around that much Power.

In the Description for the Kit, it also says that the C5 Clutches are Coming Soon. Should I hold off on getting the Kit, and wait til the C5's come out, or no?

For Converters, stock turbo like your running most everyone runs the 1056 Suncoast or the Precision Converter.

For the tranny internal questions, I can't help you there.

Once you build it and put a big EFILive tune, lift pump you will be right at the limits of the stock turbo (and engine internals)

The new GMAX kits are available in several different option packages. You can get just the clutches and steels for a freshen up all the way up to the full kit with TRANSGO, gaskets, seals, converter valve, and a converter. I'm personally as happy as can be with my PRECISION ML converter. Give PRECISION INDUSTRIES of TENNESSEE(not NH) a call and see what they reccomend for a converter. I know the LBZ can get away with a tighter converter since it has the VGT turbo, but even my LB7 with a stock turbo still lights off quick9even quicker than the stock converter made it light off).

Yea Precision is not very far from me, I gave them a call and it was a little cheaper than the suncoast when I purchased.

i have driven both the 1056 and mine 1057. i dont believe the 1057 is made anymore. between the 2 i wish i had been honest with myself when i did it. i dont like this converter at all for doing what i do with the truck. for towing and plowing it is horrible. call mike l and give him an honest assesment of what your doing and let him make the call. i wish i listened to him.

The 1057 is still listed on the website..WTH? last year when I did mine I was told it was no longer available:mad:. I think I ended up with the 1056 also and Joe is right, there is no comparison to a truck with the 1057. I would give Mike a call and go with his suggestion... what ever it is:thumbsup:. The boost valve makes for a different feeling trans. It takes away the smooth as butter shifting of the Alli and gives very defined shifts...VERY defined. Definitely feel the TC lock up! That could just be mine though, my trans guru made some modifications that he still refuses to reveal but he guaranteed I could not kill it.....nothing like putting forth the effort though:D. Whatever route you choose you are gonna love it though, completely different feeling truck afterward.

then give it another month. if not then dont worry about it. c5 is only used in first and reverse. even with the c1 going bad the line pressure is full in first and should hold the c5's just fine.

lemme know when you ready to pull the trigger....if the timing is right I'll buy mine the same time as you and maybe we can get a vender to cut us a deal if we buy 2 kits at the same time....mike

Mine's gonna be really soon.

I'm Sending 2 Speakers back (they were Broke when I got them), so when I get the Refund from them, I'll have enough for just the Kit, no Converter yet.

But I'll let you know when I Buy it.

Back