• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Suburban Interior push button lights,,

are you talking the ones the come on when you open the door or when you activate the roller wheel on the headlight switch. or overhead console?

What happens with mine is the contacts get oxidized. You can pull the bulbs out by pushing in and rotating them a 1/4 turn and then they fall out. Once they are out take a piece of scotch brite and clean the contacts up. keep in mind the contacts are hot, so if you something metalic you can pop the fuse.

Ok thanxs Ferm,,,, I'll try that,, Yeah the console lights,,, you know the ones' the kids turn on when your not looking, and then early in the morning you go out to truck and 3 of them are on?? yeah those ones. My dome lights do come on with opening the door,, but they don't when you scroll the wheel up till it clicks, Don't really care about that thou,, as 2 of the other lights, come on about 27% of the time when you push the button. I'll try the 1/4 turn and clean contacts. Thanx

Ok thanxs Ferm,,,, I'll try that,, Yeah the console lights,,, you know the ones' the kids turn on when your not looking, and then early in the morning you go out to truck and 3 of them are on?? yeah those ones. My dome lights do come on with opening the door,, but they don't when you scroll the wheel up till it clicks, Don't really care about that thou,, as 2 of the other lights, come on about 27% of the time when you push the button. I'll try the 1/4 turn and clean contacts. Thanx

I have the same problem with those lights (reading lights). They work sometimes, sometimes not...

I put a new bulb in one after breaking the old one to get it out (no room because of the reflector - darn !@#$ GM design)...

So, I'm on the prowl to find a special bulb removal tool if it exists and put all new bulbs in. No corrosion on the connectors or bulb holders either...

Back