• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Stuck On What Intake...

An intake will be one the the next mods I buy for the truck, and I have decided that it will be a S&B intake. From all the good things I have heard about them, to the price, it's a solid deal. To be honest, I can't remember hearing too many if any bad things about the S&B's.

How come at the other place, everybody used to say the after market fiters were no good. Everybody said to stick with the stock setup, especially for the 06 and newer.

Check this out - AIRAID's new intake line known as the MXP series. Looks pretty stout if you ask me...

200-287-LG.jpg

I was told by the editors of a couple magazines to stay away from S&B....I trust the editors opinions on this stuff....he said and I quote "If you want your truck to keep running, stay away from S&B" so I never even looked at them.... AFE is great, but AIRAID is still my favorite intake....

Probably because S&B won't advertise with them. I'll bet that these same editors recommend K&N, though.

Thats probably it right there. For the price, filtration, and overall quality, you cant beat an S&B. I'm quite happy with mine.

actually he hates K&N too and both advertise with their magazine, hence why I won't list the editors name or the magazine....he said that there have been many many issues from them, and the filteration was just as bad as K&N...

....he said that there have been many many issues from them, and the filteration was just as bad as K&N...

What "many many issues?" Does any empirical evidence exist to support this? I can show you charts that prove that K&Ns don't do well in our trucks, but have yet to see negative numbers relevant to S&B.

hey, Im just saying this guy has been in the industry a while and I trust his opinion....do I know what the basis is for it, no, but I trust him....

hey, Im just saying this guy has been in the industry a while and I trust his opinion....do I know what the basis is for it, no, but I trust him....

I know, I'm not trying to shoot the messenger, I just wanna know what his reason is behind the statement and all.

What Intake system does he recommend though? Does he like the AEM System?

he recommended AirAid...and AFE.....this was before that injen/amsoil thing came out...I have heard some good about that one, but I never ran it so i can't comment

Haha, yea, that Injen is a lil TOO much for me for a Filter, Metal Box, and Metal Pipe. If I'm paying over $500 for ANY Engine Bolt on (other than an Exhaust), it better give me as much power as a Chip.

I'll wait to see some more reviews on that one before I look at switching away from mt AIRAID's....I have them on all the trucks and I like them...so get this...I was cleaning my filter and I dropped it....it rolled down the drive way, into the road and just my luck, got ran over....so Im "F"ed right? Nope, I called AIRAID told them what happened....they gave me a new one under warranty...tell me thats not customer service....

That's awesome, but sooooo random that it got "got" by another Car.

I know if that woulda happened to me, I woulda just stood there laughing saying "are you friggin kidding me?"

Back