• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Stuck On What Intake...

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
I'm stuck on what Intake I should get for my truck. Right now, I have AFE Torque Tube, Stock AirBox with no Lid or Tornado, with drop in AFE Replacement Filter.

I want to run a Full Intake System, soooo... I found the AFE Intake (normal Blue Filter one) to replace my Factory AirBox and it will connect to the AFE Torque Tube I already have, OR... I can spend $4 more and get a complete S&B Intake System.

Whichever one of these I go with, it will run me under $240/shipped.

So what do ya think?

James what the AFE Part number your looking at? I maybe able to help you a little.

The drop in work really well on the stock airbox also.

If we can help Please let me know

I'd vote for an S&B hands down. I ran an AFE stage 2 on my 04.5 LLY and liked that one but at the price for a brand new S&B, I dont think any brand can beat that.

Ill throw a vote in for S&B!! I have a afe in my dmax but got a S&B for my powerstroke and am extreamly impressed! The afe you have to pay extra for the very pointless "torque tube" :frown2:

Id go with S&B and put the $$$$$ you'll save in the tank. :coolgleamA:

The S&B filter is oiled, but I have not had issues with my MAF sensor. If you don't over oil it, you should not have any problem. The new filter comes pre-oiled from the factory.

I wouldn't have a dry filter.

Bud, next time buy the AFE recharge kit. AFE's oil has a propietary products in the oil that won't contaminate the MAF sensor. You can use there oil and cleaner kit with any filter.

I'd take a look at the INJEN/AMSOIL kit. You can just vacuum the dust off the filter and don't have to worry about the washing/dry time/oil issues. Had one on my last truck and loved. Same quality as oil filters w/o the mess.

I can get you a great deal on the Injen/Amsoil intake if your interested. They are a Very nice system

I wouldn't have a dry filter.

Bud, next time buy the AFE recharge kit. AFE's oil has a propietary products in the oil that won't contaminate the MAF sensor. You can use there oil and cleaner kit with any filter.

You don't have a choice if you have an LMM. Oiled filters throw codes.

i have always liked AFE. but i havent ever liked oiled filters for some reason. it didn't stop me from buying them though lol i have 3 or 4 on reserve. i did come across what they call the AFE pro dri and it has upped my fuel mileage a little even over the pro guard's.

i have heard good things about the s&b's too though especially about price comparison.

Back