• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

"stomp on the right pedal club"

okay i'll start, i was driving home from a friends last sat night. i had to drive by the exit ramp from the highway and sitting there waiting to turn was what appeared to be an older like 60's suburban. not sure if they were made then but that is what it looked like. truck was freshly restored and painted and had a speed shop name on the side door, but cant seem to remember the name. well the hill i was going up and he turned onto was 2 lanes and had a light about a mile up. just so happens we ended up next to each other there:D. well light turned green and i took off normal so did he but within seconds i was wide open and could not see a thing behind me. totally blacked out. i ended up taking him and we both did a little beep and wave. i really wished i got the name better as i really want to see that thing and chat with him. looked really nice. maybe creamed color and a name of ross or russ speed shop.

Another cool thing was the 67-72's were 3-doors.

Heres a story for ya.
I was in OC a couple of weeks ago cruisin on a Friday night. There were imports everywhere, but none of them wanted to race a "farm truck".
So I just kept cruisin and checking out the girls when I caught clearence lights w/lights on the mirrors a few cars back, powerstroke.
He weaved his way through traffic and caught up to me. Got beside me and started spooling his turbo, I did the same. We stop at a light and the passenger is hollering across the driver telling me how "bad fast" this truck is and "he's got all kinds of stuff done to it" "he's got a D9" Whatever that is, DP tuner maybe, it had a monitor on the a-pillar.
The lanes were blocked so we couldn't take off. We get to the next light and there is a car ahead of him and my lane is clear, I stayed back and lined up beside him. The driver says " When the light turns we'll wait 5 seconds then go" "I'll count down, we'll go on 5". Me "ok". Light turns green, he hits five, we take off. All I can see is hazy clearance lights gettin smaller in my right side mirror. I beat him by a trucklength and a half to the next light. He pulled off immediately. I guess the "bad fast powerstroke" didn't want to play with the D-Max anymore.

Cool ending- Then while sitting at the light I hear a girl say "Nice Chevy". I look to my left and she is in the passenger side of the rice rocket (which looks like it is straight out of the fast and the furious) in the next lane. Me "thanks". Her "Chevy beats Ford anyday". Me "haha I just did back there". Her " Yeah, I saw you we were behind you". Then the light changed and they were gone I tried to catch up but got caught in traffic. I wanted to ask her if she wanted to get out of that import and into a real vehicle. Last I saw of them a cop had them pulled over later that night.

Last edited:
Member list:
#1 WhtTndr3
#2 mytmousemalibu
#3 MattZ71
#4 Louisianarebel
#5 WhitetailAddict
#6 michael nelson
#7 big block 88
#8 12ga diesel
#9 Trotorx2
#10 fishsmith
#11 truckie481
#12 DBCooper
#13 rmeav8er
#14 Philbilly2
#15 Tim Z
#16 BigDogYJ
#17 Shawn Brown ( Ragin' Diesel )
#18 golfcartguy
#19 RedneckBuckeye
#20 Dad's 05 LLY
#21 stacks04
#22 DmaxHawk
#23 03WIDEMAX
#24 JD4440

Copy this and paste in your post and add your name and number. Please drag the instructions with the list.

Member list:
#1 WhtTndr3
#2 mytmousemalibu
#3 MattZ71
#4 Louisianarebel
#5 WhitetailAddict
#6 michael nelson
#7 big block 88
#8 12ga diesel
#9 Trotorx2
#10 fishsmith
#11 truckie481
#12 DBCooper
#13 rmeav8er
#14 Philbilly2
#15 Tim Z
#16 BigDogYJ
#18 golfcartguy
#19 RedneckBuckeye
#20 Dad's 05 LLY
#21 stacks04
#22 DmaxHawk
#23 03WIDEMAX
#24 JD4440
#25 CAT MAN

Copy this and paste in your post and add your name and number. Please drag the instructions with the list.

Alrite im member 25:thumbsup:

# 26

Originally Posted by JD4440 View Post
Member list:
#1 WhtTndr3
#2 mytmousemalibu
#3 MattZ71
#4 Louisianarebel
#5 WhitetailAddict
#6 michael nelson
#7 big block 88
#8 12ga diesel
#9 Trotorx2
#10 fishsmith
#11 truckie481
#12 DBCooper
#13 rmeav8er
#14 Philbilly2
#15 Tim Z
#16 BigDogYJ
#18 golfcartguy
#19 RedneckBuckeye
#20 Dad's 05 LLY
#21 stacks04
#22 DmaxHawk
#23 03WIDEMAX
#24 JD4440
#25 CAT MAN
#26 EchoEagle

Story?

So a couple weeks ago I'm on my way home from work, when I see a container truck that's weaving traffic like a rice rocket. It pisses me off to see retards at the wheel of 100,000lbs. Sure enough I stay in the centre lane, and a couple blocks later, I was able to stop perfectly with my stack in his open window. ):h I bet his ears were ringin', as well.... Its surprising to me, that as clean as my plume is on wot acceleration, how much smoke comes out when ya do a lil' brakey! hehehe filled him up pretty much! Too bad he proly can't figure out why this happened to him.... hehehe not too bad... mostly I try not to be too much of a heat score out there... plus I like to set a safe driver example, for there alot of morons in the Vancouver area.

#27 please.

I even had an Ally in the '06 freightshaker I was driving that put me on the disabled list.
Decreased fatigue, lower maintenance cost, and ease of operation are my favorite parts.
HATE sore left knee, replacing clutches and throwout bearings, and manual sticks in crawling traffic. God bless the automatic trans.

Member list:
#1 WhtTndr3
#2 mytmousemalibu
#3 MattZ71
#4 Louisianarebel
#5 WhitetailAddict
#6 michael nelson
#7 big block 88
#8 12ga diesel
#9 Trotorx2
#10 fishsmith
#11 truckie481
#12 DBCooper
#13 rmeav8er
#14 Philbilly2
#15 Tim Z
#16 BigDogYJ
#18 golfcartguy
#19 RedneckBuckeye
#20 Dad's 05 LLY
#21 stacks04
#22 DmaxHawk
#23 03WIDEMAX
#24 JD4440
#25 CAT MAN
#26 EchoEagle
#27 DangerousDave

HATE sore left knee, replacing clutches and throwout bearings, and manual sticks in crawling traffic. God bless the automatic trans.

:iagree:

My commute is no place for a manual!... When I can afford to move out of the city, I'll be doing me a manual conversion!... If (hopefully) my engine and tranny last that long, I'll go DB2 as well as NV4500.. and bye bye computers!!

The pickup has an auto, the blazer had an auto.

Member list:
#1 WhtTndr3
#2 mytmousemalibu
#3 MattZ71
#4 Louisianarebel
#5 WhitetailAddict
#6 michael nelson
#7 big block 88
#8 12ga diesel
#9 Trotorx2
#10 fishsmith
#11 truckie481
#12 DBCooper
#13 rmeav8er
#14 Philbilly2
#15 Tim Z
#16 BigDogYJ
#18 golfcartguy
#19 RedneckBuckeye
#20 Dad's 05 LLY
#21 stacks04
#22 DmaxHawk
#23 03WIDEMAX
#24 JD4440
#25 CAT MAN
#26 EchoEagle
#27 DangerousDave
#28 IamDave0887

Copy this and paste in your post and add your name and number. Please drag the instructions with the list

Back