• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Stewart Warner Gauges

MrMarty51

Reaction score
Used to be the go to gauges was the Stewart Warner units.
Are they still as reliable as they were back 30 years ago ?
I want to install electrical gauges for right head temperature and possibly two fuel pressure gauges.
Just curious as to the reliability of an old name in instrumentation.

Used to be the go to gauges was the Stewart Warner units.
Are they still as reliable as they were back 30 years ago ?
I want to install electrical gauges for right head temperature and possibly two fuel pressure gauges.
Just curious as to the reliability of an old name in instrumentation.
I see them for sale by a used NASCAR parts seller once and awhile, so I would say yes they are excellent..

yes, SW still makes good gauges. Even their low price line is good quality.

Two pressure gauges? I plan on 2 sensors going to a momentary switch so one feeds the 1 gauge normally, then I can hold the switch (or button) and have it read the prefilter side. Then let go and it is back to the ip inlet reading.

That is, unless you just like the cockpit look and want them-which can look cool too.

I read so much controversy on gauges, and, people recommend this brand and that brand and someone else comes along and bad mouths what others have suggested.
Never see anyone mention the good old industry standard Stewart Warner so I was just wondering if they was still in business and if their quality was still top notch.
Seems that before there was other brands of gauges there was Stewart Warner. 😹

I am converting mine to Dakota digital , one reason is I have one of there dash kits as well but not installed yet.. I have a single water temp gauge for the p/s rear head, it will also trigger the cooling fan. I like there gauges, I have glow shift now but don't care for the small numbers on the faces...

Back