• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Stacks!!Should I ??

Stacks rule! Tastefully done of course. I have a single 5'' slash cut that is 1 '' above the cab. It s not really loud in the cab, but it barks like a mad dog when you get on it outside the cab. But under normal driving its pretty much like a normal exhaust.

You asked for opinions, so here's mine... I used to love stacks, but since every 16 year old with a Cummins decided it was cool, they lost favor with me. I can't figure out where all of these kids get the money to buy the truck (typically a Dodge), buy the fuel, and pay for the mods. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

X4...Would love to have stacks...but I have to keep my wife:banghead:

If it's done right it looks good. I also think you should be running some good horse to support em. I know exactly what you guys are talkin about with dumb kids doin it to dodges. A few of my buddies around here have done it and it has ruined it for me. Not to mention a few gas trucks to-even worse. TIM Z- yours look good.

If you are gonna run a stack, you have to have the performance to back it up.

My truck is more of a sleeper; I like being underestimated. ;)

what he said... the whole reason i have contemplated leaving the lumber rack and toolboxes on when it turns into something other than a work truck....:sifone:

i actually got some people to make some noise when i came within 2/10 second of smokin a new gt mustang.... :D ... no one expected a truck full of tools to actually go anywhere very quick....

You asked for opinions, so here's mine... I used to love stacks, but since every 16 year old with a Cummins decided it was cool, they lost favor with me. I can't figure out where all of these kids get the money to buy the truck (typically a Dodge), buy the fuel, and pay for the mods. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Mommy and daddy.

And ya I thought stack were cool back in the day but like you, got annoyed quickly by them. Theres a few idiots around who ride with stacks. I asked one of the guys one time at a gas station. He had no clue about them. he just had someone install them and was done with it.

well, he did ask and no one is forcing anything....just giving opinions......oh wait, those are not allowed unless they AGREE with said subject........

there's nothing wrong with asking opinions...rather than jumping into something with your own personal thoughts...in this case if you ask you may think that others would not appreciate such a thing...stacks is a touchy issue...to some people it matters what others think about you or in this case what you drive....I wouldn't do it...I think they belong on rigs and that's it..but hey whatever floats your boat:smile5:

there's nothing wrong with asking opinions...rather than jumping into something with your own personal thoughts...in this case if you ask you may think that others would not appreciate such a thing...stacks is a touchy issue...to some people it matters what others think about you or in this case what you drive....I wouldn't do it...I think they belong on rigs and that's it..but hey whatever floats your boat:smile5:
No nothing at all wrong with asking opinions, I was just saying that in the end if you are still not sure just go with what you like and don't worry about anyone else. They take up bed space and it's not really my thing either, but I have seen a couple of trucks that it looks good on. Also seen a couple of videos of trucks doing burnouts and pouring black smoke out of dual stacks and I kind of liked it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SNPVXIGa8s

Liked the Duramax Best

Stole this link from pysco66

No nothing at all wrong with asking opinions, I was just saying that in the end if you are still not sure just go with what you like and don't worry about anyone else. They take up bed space and it's not really my thing either, but I have seen a couple of trucks that it looks good on. Also seen a couple of videos of trucks doing burnouts and pouring black smoke out of dual stacks and I kind of liked it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SNPVXIGa8s

Liked the Duramax Best

Yup exactly...that's the idea....wasn't quoting anyone just kinda copied from different posts and made my own..lol

Last edited:

Liked the Duramax Best

Stacks...RULE!

I like my stacks, I didn't think I would at first but I do now. The noise ain't that bad, and I don't really get a drone until I hit about 70MPH, but it sounds really good when your on the outside

Back