• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Stacks!!Should I ??

deeretracks

You Cant Fix Stupid !!!!!
Reaction score
Want some input from you guys running stacks...Im thinking about putting some 5' black chrome turnouts on the D-Max but I want to no is it going to make the kids def and dumb setting in the back seat from the noise and how bad is the drone? Any and all input would be great..

I love the looks of them and the noise dont bother me but right now its the only vehicle we have and if its going to make the kids cry and the wife gripe I for dam sure dont want them on there..

You asked for opinions, so here's mine... I used to love stacks, but since every 16 year old with a Cummins decided it was cool, they lost favor with me. I can't figure out where all of these kids get the money to buy the truck (typically a Dodge), buy the fuel, and pay for the mods. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

You asked for opinions, so here's mine... I used to love stacks, but since every 16 year old with a Cummins decided it was cool, they lost favor with me. I can't figure out where all of these kids get the money to buy the truck (typically a Dodge), buy the fuel, and pay for the mods. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

That's easy, its called mommy and daddy. The one's that make me shake my head are the young kids who have stacks and every mod that they can put on a truck and try to act like they are from the country but have never seen a square bale or the inside of a tractor. Nine times out of ten they usually live in a country club or a gated community.

That's easy, its called mommy and daddy. The one's that make me shake my head are the young kids who have stacks and every mod that they can put on a truck and try to act like they are from the country but have never seen a square bale or the inside of a tractor. Nine times out of ten they usually live in a country club or a gated community.
Aint that the truth...I Love it when you see them with stacks that arent even hooked up...I have always loved the looks of stacks...

I like them - but not on my rig. I like to be a little less flashy. I have Duels MBRP's on my truck now and would only have a single if I hadn't found a steal of a deal on the duels.

Oh and the important thing about side or back exit exhaust vs stacks is being able to give that subtle hint of smoke to that pesky Honda or Capris Classic tailgater.

personally, i use my truck bed too much to have any space taken up with stacks. well, that and the truck proly wouldn't fit in the garage either.

I love stacks, but don't want them barking next to my ear...so I just look at other people's! Works fine for me.

Yeah, same way I feel. I really like how they look, but I do use my bed, and to loose that room would suck. They are fun to look at and listen to. Maybe if I was still single and didn't have to worry about the 2 kids in the back seat, I would think harder about getting them. But I see a lot of guys running them now, so I guess the noise can't be all that bad, or no one would be running them. Though when I hear a truck with them on, I do like hearing them.

And most of the stacks aren't even cut down.. They are still freakin 6-8 ft and sticking clear above the cab.:eek:ut:

wow tomrex:). maybe i can't afford a pete. anyway the noise is not to bad but when you get on it you can definatley tell.

I been thinking about stacks also and wondered about how lound they would be. Do it and then tell me how loud they are!

Back