• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

spin on filter...

FactoryMX

Mile High
Reaction score
how often is everyone changing there spin on filter, i was thinking every 10k?

how often do you do your oil? and do i need to add oil in the tranny when i change the filter?

Internal should be not have to be replaced unless the trans is being rebuilt, that what I have been told by several. and I change the spin on at 10K

Internal should be not have to be replaced unless the trans is being rebuilt, that what I have been told by several. and I change the spin on at 10K

X2, the internal filter only needs to be replaced when there are internal repairs made to the transmission. I'd say 15k on the spin on, fluid at 30k

X2, the internal filter only needs to be replaced when there are internal repairs made to the transmission. I'd say 15k on the spin on, fluid at 30k

The manual says 25k for hard driving & 50k for normal. You going to jeapordize a $2-5k tranny over a $10 & 25 part. Not me.

It will be funny when the reason your trans needs a rebuild is because you didn't change that internal filter. Change your filters people!

have you had any troubles with your tranny or engine with 160k miles? how much power do you think you are running

have you had any troubles with your tranny or engine with 160k miles? how much power do you think you are running

I bought the truck at 140k and had the injectors replaced since. I have the predator on 85, not sure what the exact power I'm running is. I bought the truck private party, it was blowing white smoke and was throwing tranny codes. Got the injectors replaced under warranty which took care of the white smoke and crawled under the truck and plugged a dangling wire back into the tranny and now it runs perfect. Wasn't a bad deal for $6,000:D I took a gamble and it finally paid off:eyebrows:

Back