• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

"Spider gear shaft"

Sunshine

Northern Lights
Reaction score
May-B this shouldn`t B here... But how often should the the Bolt that sits through the pin for the spider gear shaft B replaced, in the B -axel, they are telling me here every 60,000 Km.(37mil) i`ve just changed mine for safety reasons after 205,000Km (127mil) and there`s just a sign of a small scratch....

Last edited:
I've never replaced one for failure or wear. I've seen spider shafts with well over 200K miles on them with minimal wear.

I've never replaced one for failure or wear. I've seen spider shafts with well over 200K miles on them with minimal wear.

Okay...Strange GM here, advise us to change the 10mm bolt that keeps the long pin in place....Or maybe it`s not GM them selves but the Mechanic..

I have seen these bolts sheer off over the years. I don't think it is a major concern. I think it may be due to owner abuse, but I'm not sure. My opinion is not to lose sleep over it.

Back