• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Specialty Tools IP

Will L.

Reaction score
2 piece wrench set for Injector pump is otc 6087. Kentmoore numbers are j-41089 and j-41711. Having used both, my preference is the otc set- also cheaper.

Best price I come up with currently is amazon for $87.88.

SnapOn used to make a spanner to move/twist the IP by the two smaller holes in the flange.. Anything from Kent Moore?

Built my own.

Ratchet wrench:

ipwrench.jpg
OK

Has just the right bends and turns to get all the bolts with it removing anything. I can do the job with the ac compressor in place on the obdii trucks. Its the length and the setback bends that let me do the job without the curve in the kent more style wrenches.

Have been known to see this for the easily accessible nut:

736167813701xl.jpg

IP lever/turner/mover:

ipturner.jpg

Makes very fine pump movements a breeze. Long arm gives lots of leverage to move pump and you can make a fairly large movement on the handle and have it still be very small on the pump body. Gives you lots of control....

Last edited:
Nicely done Great White. The Kent Moore J-29872 is for turning it, but you have to use it and a ratchet or breaker bar.

So, I just bought the wrench set I mentioned above. With a hummer, it uses a different throttle cable mount on the driver side than the pickup. And hummers thermostat housing turns the wrong way than a truck also. I have to remove the upper radiator hose to get to one nut and the cable mount for the other. Turns out I'm gonna build my own wrench anyways today. Already bought the 15 mm gearwrench and have a couple pieces of round stock. I'll post pics soon as I can.

Back