• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

South Africa 2 stroke oil added to diesel fuel study

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Reaction score

Attachments

• 2-stroke-oil-in-diesel.pdf
    607.6 KB · Views: 4
I would never have guessed that. I figured it would help improve the injection of fuel.
A friend runs his old oil, settled and run through four filters, in His Cummins, a gallon to a tank is what He has been doing. I wonder if regular engine oil would produce the same results ?

I never heard of cetane advantages from it. That is counter intuitive to think it would i prove the burn. Heavier fuel has more btu but slower burn.

Then the lubricity- they tested on common rail and found fouling. Well, sure. Mechanical injectors are psycho different than a common rail. I never suggest adding any oil to a common rail gas or diesel. That's why they suck for multi fuel engines. All good multi fuel engines are mechanical injected because they are much slower to fowl. Thinking straight diesel can lubricate better than diesel with oil mixed in (unless it is a friction enhancer like straight cutting oil or 50% cutting oil like mystery marvel) is just dumb. I would have to see the test in person to believe using an oil doesn't increase lubricity.

There is fuel testing that I did when working for large oil/fuel companies that by time it was released to public was complete b.s. I don't believe ANY random testing done because so often there is an agenda being pushed that they skew the numbers and often outright lie.

Really think about it a minute: 2 stroke engine on straight gas- how long before the engine is toast? If it adds that much lubricity to gasoline- yet it has NO advantage in diesel? C'mon man!

"Polar molecules" WTF? No. Someone is trying to make it sound outlandish. Study what polar molecular structure is, and you would know that is nonsense about it being a factor to 2stroke, or any other oil just poured into a fuel.

Anyone can do simple friction tests for a few hundred dollars and get basic results.

I call total B.S. on that article.

I also see they used jaso-fc 2 stroke oil which is quite different from the tcw-3 that is reccomended to be used. That difference alone could be the cause of there results. I have NEVER seen anything but tcw-3 be reccomended. JASO-FC is used primarily in air cooled engines that see very high temperatures. It is known to foul out and carbon when used at lower temps of water cooled engines where tcw-3 is speced to be used. So as said above, the test was engineered to give a desired result. A high quality tcw-3 with an ashless oil is not going to have carboning issues unless you're mixxing it very heavy, but it will provide excellent lubrication as well as leave a residual clinging film that does not wash off with fuel.

Back