• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sort of new guy

Blue-canoe

Reaction score
20161215_161355_zpsnvl2w7cg.jpg
Hello, new to this site. Not new to diesel, had my '96 k3500 crew cab dually long box for 5 or 6 years. Had almost 600 posts on a different diesel site. Got sick of the elitist remarks and condescending attitude from that "place". I'm hoping to get some real help with my engine swap which I'm currently almost halfway done.

I'll be in the 6.5 diesel section most of the time.
Thanks

Welcome, start a thread on your truck.

I will be once I'm ready to drop the #506 in. Need to do the rear seal once the installer tool shows up. Then I'll drag the truck in, do the mounts and wiring and a good wash.
I'll be taking time lapse video of the install. Here's a link to the video I did of the old #141 removal. Doesn't actually show the removal, got to excited and forgot to turn the camera on :banghead:

Last edited:
Very cool. Thought I should tell you some guy in blue keeps stealing tools when you are under the truck LOL.

Do you guys know how much time I waste looking for tools vs. actually fixing? I actually thought someone was taking my 10mm, 13mm & 15mm wrenches and sockets.

Buy a small tool cart and work off it. Keep only your most basic stuff in it. It has proven to increase efficiency at 10% on average.

Back