• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Smoke, smoke and more smoke - no power, limp mode?, 45km max, 1500rpm max

Or make a few NON OEM modifications......VERY Glad you found and eliminated your issue, you must feel like you won the lottery.....Gotta love when a plan comes together!

Enjoy Rooski.....If your not addicted yet, 1 or 2 more Mods should do the trick....You'll be a full blown Junkie in no time!:thumbsup::hihi::D:agreed::):rof::hello:

It's all just a matter of the cash to do it up right ! Now (thanks again to evryone here) I have a good base to work from.

First impressions are not always the best to end up with; i.e. keeping factory
May as well take the advice of all who have previously experienced the shortfalls and oem limiters. The wheel has already been reinvented and it appears to be for a very good reason ! :agreed:

Love the truck and the power. It seems to be great on fuel so far as well pulling 20+ with normal driving (he he). Normal being A to B with some playtime in between !

Haven't pulled my trailer yet so I am eager to get a load on it and see what it'll do.
Just want to safety it up a bit. A small bit of front end work and rear brakes have to be done and it should be back in top shape.

:Justwait2:

keep a close eye on temps. If you get over 210* it's time to start backing off. Best would be a full set of guages for towing

keep a close eye on temps. If you get over 210* it's time to start backing off. Best would be a full set of guages for towing

Good call. A pyrometer would be a nice touch for the heavier hauls. :firedevil:
It's only a K1500 so I am limited to load capacity, but we do have some good hills to pull.

you saved so much on the purchase price the truck deserves a full 3 guage pillar pod with boost, pyrometer, and trans temp or fuel pressure.

have fun with the truck! they arent the best out there, but they are affordable and get the job done just fine.

Back