• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

smack talk

Two positive things happened recently. I was walking through the lot at work with a contractor, he owns an F350 DD and his work truck is an F550 4wd bucket truck with a rear mounted winch. Kind of a cool setup. Unfortunately we were walking across the lot because the F550 puked it's tranny. So we go walking by where my dually was sitting next to the pretty F150. Guess which one he noticed and commented on? Thought it looked cool and like it would push some serious snow. Didn't even notice the girly truck.

Secondly, my cousin has driven my truck a lot, I actually loaned it to him for a couple weeks. So he calls me the other day from work, he's got an 08 F250 diesel in the shop, nothing wrong with it just an oil change and a pre-trip once over. He road tested it and has to call to tell me what a dog it is. I believe his exact words were "your truck would eat this thing for breakfast!". Didn't even push him back in the seat like mine does.

So that made me feel better about the old hoss.

first off tell him to pick up a black book and watch his jaw hit the floor when he sees how much he is going to lose on it ...after all its a ford. then tell him you will race ....we will see who gets to 750,000 kms first if that doesent phase him do what i do when i lose a race ..... tell him if he doesent wanna hook up hitches he should kindly return his wifes truck lol or ask him if ford included a storage compartment for his balls while he sits in the passenger seat and his wife drives you and the kids to soccer practice

Thanks for popping my balloon Buddy. I realize it's not comparing apples to apples, however I still feel like I'm ahead because with all my mods I still am into my truck for under 20 grand, and that includes the $15k purchase price, which by the way I paid off years ago. Additionally, my truck has earned enough to more than pay for itself by plowing snow at about $135 an hour.
I know with equivalent mods the Ford would smoke me. Let's put a 10 foot plow on it, beat the hell out of it to 180k miles in ten years then have another look at it.

Thanks for popping my balloon Buddy. I realize it's not comparing apples to apples, however I still feel like I'm ahead because with all my mods I still am into my truck for under 20 grand, and that includes the $15k purchase price, which by the way I paid off years ago. Additionally, my truck has earned enough to more than pay for itself by plowing snow at about $135 an hour.
I know with equivalent mods the Ford would smoke me. Let's put a 10 foot plow on it, beat the hell out of it to 180k miles in ten years then have another look at it.

We all know the ford wouldnt have a frame left by then due to the rust out issues... lol... and count in doing balljoints every year or so......... i think ill stick with the chevys lol

When he grows up he won't need an expensive truck to define who he is. It is after all just a means of transportation.

No kidding. Most would have retired long ago on my liquid Net Worth and they'd be driving Ferraris and gay lookin F150 gassers. Myself, I bought a 1999 Suburban with 6.5TD this year and gave my 1995 Suburban with 6.5TD to my step son. I'm doing all the work on my truck, much of it posted here. I'm doing that while traveling 100% during the week. I'll guarantee that I accomplish more than this dipshit with the F150 gasser and no doubt will be wealthier for it, both figuratively and literally.

Im a 22yr old guy and alot of my buddies want to have the fastest truck with the most power (that they dont ever use i might add) and they all like to do the easy add on power mods like programers and different turbos. they all thought i was crazy for spending alot of my free time (which isnt much) and money over the last year to rebuild a 93 rclb with 280K on the clock but when i got it running i spent about $3500 and ended up with a rebuilt motor and tranny, and all the knowledge i gained doing it myself. I realize that my truck isnt going to be a power house but it will pull most any trailer i want to. maybe not at 80mph but i can get it where ever it needs to go, personally i dont see why any one would want to pull 20klb trailer down the road at 80. My one last argument for the sake of the 6.5. It takes a hell of alot more know how to take the lowly stock 6.5 and make it make a descent amount of power that can get the work done

On a side note I was showing the motor to one of my really good buddies and he said to me "Iv got to hand it to you, youve got alot of ambition rebuilding that whole motor all by your self" little dose he know that i didnt do it by myself i had all the info from all the brothers here to guide me.

Yep, anyone can take out a loan and buy something nice.

Doing it with your own 2 hands is much more rewarding.

When your climbing a hill you'll be picturing the internals of your engine flowing along in harmony.

Even stupid mods make the next couple weeks exciting again.

I wish I had ATT just so I could put a new blanket on it. :)

Yep, anyone can take out a loan and buy something nice.
Oh I can't I am too so cheap that if I did that the space time continuum would be wrecked, the Earth would come screeching to a halt, and we would all be hurled into outer space. So for everybody's sake I will keep mine.

im getting more people running there mouth again since my crankshaft in my freshly rebuilt motor with less than 1000 miles is now it 2 pieces but i will put it back together again, mostly casue im to damn stubborn to quit on the thing.

Back