• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

smack talk

Detroit Dan

Reaction score
Maybe this belongs in smack talk, but all my blood brothers are here. I have been the victim of smack talk at work. A coworker has a 2011 F150 ccsb 4x4 Lariat, fully loaded with everything imaginable, beautiful color and chrome 20" factory wheels. So now he's saying my truck is a bone and I should give up on it because it always needs work and is old and beat. I explained that if I put $200 a month into it that's rare, and he has to make a large payment every month (mines paid for and paid for itself). I already pointed out my truck is cheap to register, whereas his cost nearly $1000 a year. He is proud that he has almost $60k into his truck! Even though he rolled a pretty new, nearly identical truck into the payment. Moron.
His (according to Ford) has a higher towing capacity than mine. I'd love to see him try to pull my camper without a WD hitch. He probably gets a little better mileage, is about 75% more reliable (for now) and is about 90% prettier than my old hoss. Could probably pick up chicks with his truck, whereas mine is more suited for picking up strays. His is probably considerably faster than mine too.
I am getting close to challenging him to a tug of war, I know if we chained hitch to hitch I would own him, but he's too much of a -feline- to try it. I also know that his truck won't make it to 180k miles of towing and plowing (no plow anyway) like mine did.
Any other ideas that I can argue? I know my truck is better, but how do I convince him of that?

I told him today I wouldn't trade him my truck for his even if he were to keep making the payments. He laughed and said neither would he.

I sure wouldent be proud to have wasted almost 60 grand on a truck. Better off spending that on a house lol. At least i own my 6.5 and the bank doesent. I still got a few grand left to pay off on the duramax though. I can tell you one thing i will never do again is finance a truck!! They lose so much value and truck payments really suck my ass out! Next big buy for me will be a house. As for your buddy tell him u dont need a brand new truck to pick up hot chicks lol :p New trucks are sure nice but just arnt worth it IMO unless you have tuns of money rollin in.

Tell him some people BUILD power, some people have to buy theirs.

Sounds like a guy who is busy driving his penis ... probably compensating for something.

I would just go meh...gasser half-ton OH BOY! Got himself a BIG BOY TRUCK! hahaha oh gassers

It's a 1/2 ton gasser... wow...:rolleyes5:
60 grand for a half ton!:eek: Tell him to come back and talk smack when he grows up and get's a man's truck like an F250/350 with a PS.

I have two words. TURBO CHARGER. Does his sound Badass? Does his roll some coal? No. How much torque is it pushing? Not as much as Yours. Tell him a real truck has pulling power and wears a bowtie. You want something fast with shiny wheels? Buy a corvette with that 60K. If he won't pull ya, he doesn't have crap.

When he grows up he won't need an expensive truck to define who he is. It is after all just a means of transportation.

A REAL MAN"S TRUCKS DOES NOT HAVE SPARK PLUGS nothing else needs to be said other than that, after that go into the let's compare payment books routine, a real status symbol is a paid off truck note, he doesn't own that truck the lender does.

Tell him some people BUILD power, some people have to buy theirs.

Sounds like a guy who is busy driving his penis ... probably compensating for something.

:rof: kind of my thought about the plug and play programers for the new trucks. Any jackass can spend $800 and plug in a programer, but it takes alot more knowlage and effort to make power with an uncomon vehicle.

Im also gonna have to agree with DZZ71. Buying and financing a new truck was the worst decision I have ever made. Should have made a down payment on a house. Love the new truck, but the idea of paying that much for the truck still makes me feel like an idiot. Too late at this point in time.

Your truck is paid for, will stand up to more abuse, and probably last alot longer than his ford. And as for the chicks...if you really need a nice ride to pick them up...you have other issues besides the truck

The sad part is the F150 would probably tow better than our trucks and not over heat doing it. I still wouldn't trade my truck for one though.

You'll never convince him, but you can make his Pride hurt....a lot. Just leave a note on his windshield each month detailing the great thing(s) you picked up for yourself/family with the amount of money he spends each month on payments. You know, "With my paid for truck, I was able to spend $600 this month on a killer grill/rims/trip to the mountains/"Ford Circled the Problem bumperstickers"/ etc." Or, a picture of your truck with the tug-o-war chains hooked up on one end and a sign that says "Your Truck Here" on the other. Post pictures on his face book page. Post pictures on the bulletin board at work. Every time he opens his mouth, mention he hasn't taken up the challenge either, or you've just dropped a $____ principle payment on the house so you'll be out of a Mortgage soon or just say one word as a question, "Compensating?"

The sad part is the F150 would probably tow better than our trucks and not over heat doing it. I still wouldn't trade my truck for one though.

I seriously doubt that Joey, when the mfr says towing in OD is not allowed ? that speaks volumes, Ford auto trans have always been a weak link especially in a F-150 class, I'll put my K1500 up against any 1500 class truck any day of the week, shucks even when I was a stock 6.5 K1500 I would have put money on the 6.5 over the Ford,

amen brother, the guy jus knows his truck will lose and that why he wont hook up with the "whimpy 6.5" lol..... God i love the ford guys... theyre all talk and thats it:hihi:

I agree for the most part. Not sure which motor he has, but Ford.com says 9800lbs for 5.0 motor, 360hp/380tq, and 11,300lbs (yeah,right) with 6.2 motor 411hp/434 tq. Even if those numbers are skewed just to sell trucks, they no doubt have enough power to pull a big trailer, and they come with a lot bigger brakes now. Seems like half tons are competing themselves right past where 3/4 and 1 tons used to be. I saw a new ram 1500 with factory 20s beat a lot of old modified Chevys at a truck pull recently.

Obviously those numbers are for "properly equipped" F150s. I would like to see his truck with my trailer on his ball without a WD hitch. I moved it in my yard once with the Avalanche 1500 and it was almost dragging the bumper. Would have been no way it could go out on the road like that. But my dually tows it with just a ball and 20-30 lbs in the airbags. My truck actually tows it really nicely, except for the big hills. But, with a WD hitch and an identical trailer, his probably would tow better, probably cruise the big hills at top speed with A/C cranked and zero pucker. Just makes me hate him more.

Probably the only thing my truck can do better (besides last a long time) would be to drag him around backwards. I know I can outplow his (if he had a plow) and he's never going to yank a school bus out of a snowbank, or pull a stuck tractor trailer up a hill on snow and ice. Only race I could win would be a drag race uphill on wet grass. I think I've still got a traction advantage.

I seriously doubt that Joey, when the mfr says towing in OD is not allowed ? that speaks volumes, Ford auto trans have always been a weak link especially in a F-150 class, I'll put my K1500 up against any 1500 class truck any day of the week, shucks even when I was a stock 6.5 K1500 I would have put money on the 6.5 over the Ford,

I am no Ford guy by any means but I have to give credit where it's due. I have driven a new 2011 F150 my buddy owns and it handles great, hauls weight fine and tows very nice. I would bet this goes for any of the Big three's half ton trucks. The brakes on them are much better that ours truck came with and i think they all run 6spds now which helps big time for the lack of low end tq.
As far as towing in OD, I think even your truck, GM 1500's say don't tow in OD. This may be true for all the new 1500's possibly

Back