• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Simple Question for all

ratman, i see you did a conversion. :thumbsup:
after i turned up the DB2, my mileage went up from what it was before.
of course, the previous pump was so bad, i couldn't get it to roll start when warm....:nono:
foot in the fan belt, i can relate. ):h can almost watch the needle go down when i do that, but so much fun.

ratman, i see you did a conversion. :thumbsup:
after i turned up the DB2, my mileage went up from what it was before.
of course, the previous pump was so bad, i couldn't get it to roll start when warm....:nono:
foot in the fan belt, i can relate. ):h can almost watch the needle go down when i do that, but so much fun.

Yep, I'm lovin' my DB2, -ain't no lookin back now......

Couldn't pay me money to go back to a DS pump, -it runs like it's supposed to now.

Expect a PM real soon ):h

13.5-14 correct with GPS. Running 265 70 R17Es = wider than stock. Roof rack -.5 MPG. 4.10 rear. Mixed driving

With 235/85R16Es I was getting 15-16 same setup.

Best ever 17 something.

I am on my fourth starter, but i cant get the starter bracket to go on, the threads are so rusty in the side of the block... SO im just going to have to live till i can get the new block in. I use starter fluid to start, so it doesnt crank like crazy..... ANd i have it plugged in 24/7 when i am near an availible recepticle

14 City on winter blend, 15 City Summer. 15 - 16 Highway average. BF 285 ATs, 4 x 4, 3.73 gears. Speedometer and odometer checked against two GPS units and all are in sync. Best tank was 18mpg, summer blend, driving on the back roads of N. Carolina hauling a bed load of firewood up to my kids summer camp...go figure.

Last tank went 513.5 miles and took 32.2 gallons to fill it.... 15.94 MPG That was 50% city and 50% highway with LT285/75 tires.

Before adding the turbo I got 10.4 mpg , now with 700 miles on with the gm6 an astonishing 10.4 mpg! But I can get where I'm going 25 seconds quicker.

The '99 typically gets 16 mpg hwy, best was 17.

3.73 rears, 265 R 75 16 TreadWright Wardens. ATT with Heath Tune.

I used to calculate my mileage, now i just watch my gauge and fill it when nearing empty. Figure I have done things to increase my mileage but at the same time it usually means I do something else to decrease the mileage. You want to get great mileage. Get AAA or BCAA RV package and it's good for two 320 km tows and four 100 km tows. Years ago when I went out drinking, I'd disable the car to get a free tow home. Never got an impaired in my life charge.....

Had a '82 half ton with 700 trans it got honest 23 mpg freeway
'83 Suburban same as above about 18-20 mpg
'84 Blazer w/ t400 & a lot of iron! 16-17 on long trips, mostly 12-13 mpg

95 GMC C2500HD 6.5L 5spd 2wd with 4.10s, may have a chip, (havent checked) and a OEM exhaust cut off at muffler and straight piped (with smaller pipe. need to change that)

across wyoming with no boost (turns out blown fuse) 14-15K lbs with the gooseneck and a light load, 13.8 mpg

eastern colorado getting a tractor a few weeks ago, round trip, 14.545 mpg, 10-11K empty, 18,320lbs with the tractor on. I did go slow due to shitty roads though.

this same truck has gotten 20 mpg plus with no trailer back when it had the service body.

18-20 on the 1500 14-17 on the 3500, running them on B100, first day of winter I'll start adding 10-20% kerosene or Sam's Club diesel to my home brew.

Little D- the best was 20.5 most of the time around 18.5 with about 40% city.
Gertie- have never checked
Gary- the best was 22.6 most of the time around 19.5-20.5 with about 50% under 60mph or about 40% city.
Larry- the best 19.6 most of the time 17.8-18.2 with about 50% city
Old previous employer Company rig not in sig. 2wd 8600 gvw 4.10s reg cab with 235 85s got about 17.5-17.8 60% highway. Diamond eye 4" and 3" dp, otherwise stock.

I run Powers years round and the mileage seems to stay pretty consistent. I even ran powers in the truck not in the sig. The numbers above were not pulling anything and running basically empty.

Back