• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

setup for 26,000gcvw on a 6.5

Without ic no modifications would be needed... i cab get more pictures tomorrow .. mind you the ,3500hd has a different rad support then the regular c/k trucks

Without ic no modifications would be needed... i cab get more pictures tomorrow .. mind you the ,3500hd has a different rad support then the regular c/k trucks

Pics would be great, when you get a chance.

I wondered about possible differences between the two core supports. I noticed your support dips down lower in front than I remember mine doing. What other differences are there?

Don

The bottom of the rad support also (on the HD) has an extra 1 1/2" to 2" support to give it that extra height......other than that they are pretty much identical.

Lol:

544217_3675149710914_1040072946_3254607_801172450_n.jpg

i see two essential engine swap tools in that picture!

fitment issues...not much a 4" angle grinder with 6" wheel couldnt take care of... got to weld some braces back in.... got to remake the cold side CAC tube. tranny lines are going braided hose as well.. dont really feel comfortable with putting more bends/kinks in the pre-bent steel lines.. plus make it easier for routing away from exhaust. exhasut is connected as well.. van runs 3" got ahold of stock 3.5" truck adn adapted it to the 4" already there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going pretty smooth really.. At least is looks that way?

Reason #451 to go GM, BRUTE INTERCHANGEABILITY.. :thumbsup:

Good pics of the IC/rad setup. Were you able to use the stock 6.5 rad top bracket to hold the IC/rad combo in place? or did you have to mod it any? Pics?

The DMax motor must set just a bit farther back to have clearance for the rad to set back like that. I looked at my rad and fan clearance and there is not enough to have the IC set in place of the rad and still have room for the rad to set behind the IC. The fan would eat the rad.

It is all looking good there!!!

Don

no io was not... then rad is .5" to the rear and .75" too tall and both engines are roughly the sam lenght.. there is 1.75" between the rad and heat sink fins on the fan clutch and 2" to the blades i cut the bunny ears off the CAC almsot flush with the tanks.. the upper rad support and been notched so the CAC can slid under it.

iirc the CAC sticks 2.5" out in front of the rad core the rad is .5" rearwar of stock location.. the plate steel that is bolted in the oem rad holders im going to work to put a dmax fan shroud on..

You are gonna have to call me next time you make it out my way so can check this baby out. It is nice to see that you are doing this the right way :) Not like half the SBC jeep conversions and 4/6bt conversions that get boogered in. Any change of heart on the trans yet? Or future plans for an upgrade? I forget what rears you told me you had but look into a rt-6609 or if you need more mph rto-6609 it weighs about the same as an allison, maybe a tad more. I wanted to put one in my old truck real bad.

Back