• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service Throttle Soon and codes....

Or maybe you have a pinhole in the fuel line between the tank and the lift pump. That will allow air to be sucked in by the LP.

I took the Airtec LP back to Oh Really, woops O'Reilly, and went to NAPA and got theis. Rated 10-15 PSI, 32 GPH. The new Airtec was pumping about 11 ounces per minute!! Got to be some restriction somewhere.

Matt, I checked my ticket for the FSU. It list part number FG01E, and that's suppose to be for diesel. Gasoline is FG01A. But that's just information for now, I can't see the sock and I think you're leading me to the problem.

How much air pressure do I need to blow the sock off the metal pickup tube? I think it just snaps on the nipple on the tube. I don't care if it's in the bottom of the tank. The tank is clean and I can install an inline pre LP filter as soon as I get this solved.

I think I will remove the intake side of the LP, remove the fuel cap, and blow 25-30# of air through it. Hook it back up, bleed it and see what happens. That's the easiest, quickest way for tomorrow when it will be 4 deg in the morning. I'll wait until it's at least 10 deg before I crawl under it. If that doesn't solve it I will remove the FM and go back to the LP with new rubber line, saving only 10-12" of the steel at the LP.

My plan is to remove the LP and the fuel cap and blow air through the tank. With out reinstalling the LP I'm thinking to clear the line to the FM.
I would like to do this with out removing the FM in this weather. I'm satisfied it's clean from 5 months ago going through it.

Question: If I remove the filter and get the fuel out can I blow air back towards the open line at the LP? I can't see why not, but just wondering from some one who has done it.

Today I removed the LP, removed the fuel cap, dumped in half bottle of 911 and blew 5-6 burst of air into the tank from the LP suction line. Used an air bubble starting with 80 PSI.

Then I removed the fuel filter and pumped out the remaining diesel. I laid under the truck with a clear bottle over the line on the discharge side of the LP while my helper made 3-4 short blast of air into the center of the fuel monitor. Do dirt or crud only about 3 oz of clean fuel.

I then hooked up my jumper from B+ to pin F, activating the LP and bled fuel at the filter lid. Also checked fuel at WIF hose. Much better flow. Turned key, fired right up.

I removed the snow at the guys house I was working on the truck at, drove about 50 miles during the next 2 1/2 hours without turning the truck off.

Things seem back to normal. But then am I going to be like Matt and have to do this every once in a while until I get into the tank?

We've had cold weather for the last week. Some nights down to -4, -10. I'm wondering if some water may have formed some crystals on the sock to restrict flow? It is the FSU for diesel, so I am somewhat baffled.

I keep posting on the thread so others might gain some insight to this.

Back