• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service Stabilitrak

P0708 - Transmission Range Sensor Circuit High Input

All the reading I can find, none have mentioned the Stabilitrak issue as well. And for full disclosure I have a service airbag light that I have been ignoring for awhile, but it seem to have no relation.

You should consider having the dealer quote you fixing the airbag while you are at it. Least make sure it isn't an "open" to one of the bags like Fords get and can go off unexpectedly.

Well got the truck back with a new TCM for $830ish. Runs great now.
I was talking to a few people about GMs claim that the serpentine belt can cause them to go bad and a guy told me that if your battery is low enough when you are re flashing the ECM it can leave empty or blank spots in your TCM, which, in my case, I didnt think I was even opening when I flashed tunes in to the ECM? His claim was a little above my head, but just that if your battery dies "mid flash" you could be in trouble. To my knowledge that never happened to me, my batteries are pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

If you're not flashing the TCM, then it wouldn't affect it. Also if it was an issue, then GM could have reflashed it for you to have corrected it.

Forgot to tell you guys. After I got the truck home I noticed that the GM Tech moved the TCM and mounted it to the top of my fuse box cover. Its really isnt a bad spot and I cant seem to foresee any issues with it right off. I would post a pic but my phone camera is broke.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

They must have an internal note to move it whenever someone comes in for a TCM service job.

Back