• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Save your current versions of efilive now!

Yes, what I put on yours is the same version I'm using now. The current releases have had quite a few quirks with them, and is why I haven't updated. I tried it on my laptop(I use my desktop for writing tunes), and didn't really like the new layouts and had some quirks with it I wasn't fond of.

It looks like Nov 2013 is not a good one to have...it has auto updat enabled on it, and that could possibly force future updates onto your efi live...while it may not have the current emmission restrictions on it it could and most likely would update automatically to any newer versions...

Auto-Update options are enabled to update existing installations.

on edit: so Aug 24th or earlier versions would be the best choice

The writing is on the wall, and it looks like they are going to cave into the EPA and make a seperate release for US customers that will no longer allow us to delete emissions equipment. So if you have an LB7 with EGR, LLY or newer, save the current versions of EFILIVE to use for your tuning. So much for there stance of it is up to the end user to abide by the applicable laws.

http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=167&Itemid=158

Where'd you hear this, because I just talked to Cindy and got a totally different Story?
From the EFI Live website...

You DO Realize this Thread is from 2012, right??

But...unless I'm missing something, that Link just takes me to the Home Page for EFI and doesn't say anything about Software Restrictions.

Here's what Cindy at EFI had to say when I brought it up Yesterday:

Your source is not credible. Given you are a "good citizen" and "share" what you hear, you should out your source so others know not to believe what they are told from them.

You may also want to tell your source that EFILive hasn't been working on currently supported diesel applications for the last 2 months while you are at it.

Tonight's release is primarily gasser updates and implementation of diesel development from late last year and early January.

Cheers
Cindy

Here's a Link to EFI's Legal Page that says they aren't going to Restrict Emissions Tuning: http://www.efilive.com/legal

I got layed into pretty damn hard when I brought this up, so it'd be interesting to know where this was heard.

You DO Realize this Thread is from 2012, right??

But...unless I'm missing something, that Link just takes me to the Home Page for EFI and doesn't say anything about Software Restrictions.

Here's what Cindy at EFI had to say when I brought it up Yesterday:

Your source is not credible. Given you are a "good citizen" and "share" what you hear, you should out your source so others know not to believe what they are told from them.

You may also want to tell your source that EFILive hasn't been working on currently supported diesel applications for the last 2 months while you are at it.

Tonight's release is primarily gasser updates and implementation of diesel development from late last year and early January.

Cheers
Cindy

Here's a Link to EFI's Legal Page that says they aren't going to Restrict Emissions Tuning: http://www.efilive.com/legal

I got layed into pretty damn hard when I brought this up, so it'd be interesting to know where this was heard.

That is quite a different sttance than hey had in november on there forum. I just went and looked and seen it has been changed and updated to this link now. It was in the thread about tuning restrictions for USA customers.

We'll let's just hope it doesn't come.. I'm getting a Canadian address otherwise... :D

Well EFILIVE IS putting restrictions on US customers afterall. There site says they won't take away what we've already had, but LML deletes will not be available to US customers. So there current stance is that we can keep what we have, but no more. This straight from there latest update thread.

Correct, LML calibrations have had restrictions to USA customers from day one therefore we are not removing anything you might have had in the past. What US customers have access to has not changed at all and never will unless your federal laws change. If anyone wants to complain about that it will be falling on deaf ears telling us, we didn't make the rules, we didn't shut companies down who weren't complying in the past, it is what it is, please don't shoot the messenger. Sorry if I've gone on the defensive right away but you would appreciate after the 100th Email for the month about how unfair it is it wears thin.

So don't rule out losing deletes in the future either if the laws change.

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, looks like I will be keeping my LBZ, V2 with old software as a package for a long time.

Back