• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

"S" Engine Vac Pump

Bigred

Recruit
Reaction score
my vac. pump is starting to make some noise. Am I correct that I cannot remove it without setting codes ? (I would add a TM at the same time) (egr is blocked already) no money for chip at this time.

Thanks

Try an experiment, Red... If the EGR is already blocked, pull the vac hose from the EGR solenoid (on the vac. pump side) and see if you get codes. Leave everything else hooked up, just remove the vac pump from the circuit. Let me know what happens...

on edit - leave the wastegate solenoid hooked up to vacuum though. hook it up like an 'F' engine...

I get a ses light if the egr solenoid loses it's vacuum source, I guess that answers my question unless someone knows how to get passed that.

Thanks

Steve

F engine chip from junkyard, or better yet reprogrammed chip www.heathdiesel.com that can be programmed to not look for EGR devices, use money you would pay on a new vac pump towards the chip & TM, delete the vac pump.

I like that idea if I can find one at a junkyard, any other problems I would run into doing this ?

Thanks

Steve

my vac. pump is starting to make some noise. Am I correct that I cannot remove it without setting codes ? (I would add a TM at the same time) (egr is blocked already) no money for chip at this time.

Thanks

No matter if the EGR is blocked, you will immediately see DTC 33 once the PCM desires EGR and sees no vac, on your model year, that's all it want's is a little vacuum.

A replacement chip from VIN F will do the trick.

Chicken is correct, got the ses light very quick upon startup without vac going to the egr solenoid.

Buddy, let me know how much you want for a F chip.

Thanks

Steve

Back