• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

rubber injection lines

zippy555

Reaction score
Can non injection fuel line be used to replace the tiny rubber injection lines that run from injector to injector on the 1993 6.5 TD with manual IP?

i orderd from a seller on ebay that is a German made that works without the clamps. From the discription and reviews it was a great deal as long as its what its supposed to be when I receive it. Thanks for the reply tho.
Yes it is low pressure. The gm style line kit is available here: http://leroydiesel.com/products/injector-return-hoses-with-clamps/

I have had good luck over the years using the line from Mercedes dealerships, but most the stuff online has high failure rate.

Yeah, the german made hose is the good stuff, problem is unless you paid $5 a foot, you probably will get the knock off cheap crap that fails in 2 years. Hopefully yours is good.

I have a huge roll of VW hose over here. I’ll take a look at it and see whats its numbers.
It was what VW parts sent me for vacuum hose when they no longer stocked them plastic busted pieces.
That was on the BILs 96 Audi.

I just ordered some 3/8” line from:
It is supposed to be ok for ethanol, methanol, nitro methane, etc. but it is only rated at 15psi.

I plan on giving it some torture testing. Just have to go buy a lil of the powerful stuff for it to live in- hopefully before Christmas.
They seem to skip 5/16, but I didn’t call and ask if available but they have 1/8,1/4,3/8. Injector returns are 1/8.

if this works out good- I will replace all my “rubber” lines with it. Be able to see contamination or aeration anywhere is an awesome thing imo.

well the injecters are leaking already. it seems the line I bought on ebay stops sealing after it gets warm and possibly fuel additives could be part to blame. I am now replacing and tracking down leaks that only leak while engine is running. I disconected the hose on the IP and routed the pressure line from the LP to the return so i could pressure the return lines without having to have the engine running and found 2 leaking injecters that were leaking at the tiny metal nipples whare it looks like they were bent from socket not fully seated upon instal or removal. I changed the housings out and now the returns are leaking. is there supposed to be a tiny rubber seal that sits onto of the injected ware the feed line balled tightens down?

On the line for chainsaws, lawn mowers, etc- the line they commonly sell gets brittle with heat. I tried a few different brands of that stuff over the years. Heat it one of the issues i want to test with the stuff i just bought

Viton in clear is the hard part. I never found any. The stuff i got from fuelline.com is not viton.

Have you done anything with the line yet. I’m planning on giving it a try when I replace all of my fuel lines when I put in the metrum rod and add the two new filter heads and fuel filters

No. Sitting in my shop still in the package. This weekend I am going to buy the fuels.
They say it is good for race gas, alcohol and nitro. It is only for rated for 15psi. temperatures from -65F to 223F
It is https://fuel-line.com/

So definitely not as good as viton. But I never found and clear viton.

I stumbled on to their website a while back when I was looking into lift pumps. I had planned on trying it back then I just ain’t bought none of it yet.

Back