• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rough Cold Start

Funny thing, I unintentionally locked myself out of Facebook. Had some millennial calling me a boomer, so I went to get rid of my birth year. That was not an option, so I selected 2020 and that locked me out because the minimum age is 13. FB has no live help. No e-Mail by which you can contact them. They only had some automated help and that want me to submit copies of Federal ID to resolve the matter. F that!

BTW there were at least 3 different guys from Nigeria with FB accounts under my exact name. My name is of Czechoslovakian origin. May have some neandethal genes in me, but I assure you there are no African sub saharan genes in me. Proof of that is my pathetic 12” vertical leap. So it is impossible for some tribal guys from Kenya or Nigeria to have my name.
I have never been worried about getting kicked off fb. I don't think I could make myself care if I did. I used to stick around for marketplace - that seems to have gone downhill since a lot of people have left fb.

I do stick around for the gun control alerts. And for info from some groups I am in. That have been very helpful.

I will send Bruce a message.

I have never been worried about getting kicked off fb. I don't think I could make myself care if I did. I used to stick around for marketplace - that seems to have gone downhill since a lot of people have left fb.

I do stick around for the gun control alerts. And for info from some groups I am in. That have been very helpful.

I do find use for Facebook Market. Have sold and bought stuff there. Not frequently, but did find it useful.

I did more than double my money on FB stock. I sold when they started censoring and when the elections were over as I thought their ad revenue would decline. Also, I don’t think the model has longevity and could easily go the way of MySpace. Already the younger crowd avoids FB because their parents are on it. So the concept has a element of fad to it. But it looks like I sold too soon. This is proof that I don’t let my emotions (hated for FB) get in the way of investing and making some money.

Back