• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rocker Arm/Valve Covers, Brands ?

My thought is- i told a lot of people get the timing gears while they could, and they didn’t.
Then upset when they got around to building an engine and had to use a chain.

When there is no way, I get it - there is no way. I know a couple good investments to make but there is no way to do it right now so I loose out. Same thing can be with timing gears
Yeah. Maybe I better jump on that timing gear set.
I doubt that Leroy will make another run on those when these are gone.
Besides, on, IIRC, a fakebook page or some such I posted that if another run was completed that I’d jump in and getta set.

Okay, I did it. Got the set coming. That’ll be another 549 airline miles added to the Alaska Airline account.
I did have near 23,000 miles built up. This purchase will probably give me enough miles to make the round trip without having to pay for any of it. 😵‍💫😹😹😹

Yeah. Maybe I better jump on that timing gear set.
I doubt that Leroy will make another run on those when these are gone.
Besides, on, IIRC, a fakebook page or some such I posted that if another run was completed that I’d jump in and getta set.
I would order a set, but I doubt I ever get to working on the 94.
I do have a Cloyes timing set here, I should sell.

I worked a lot of 7 day weeks in the union.
And you got Overtime! I worked quite a few myself, too, when I worked in a Union shop. Time and a half on Saturdays and Double time on Sundays, regardless of what other days we worked that week or if we were over 40 hours for the week or not. Time and a half if you came in for a half shift before, or stayed late a half shift if they were short-handed on other shifts - regardless of how many hours you had on the clock that week. Put myself through college, bought a house and started a family that eight years I worked there.

31 years in a union shop.
It could have been without because the state doled out what was mandatory, then tjey say negotiate on the rest of what we, and they, wanted. Seemed if there was stuff they wanted, and stuff we too wanted, then theyd walk away and leave us setting at the table. They werent willing to compromise for stuff they wanted in the contract or to negotiate what we too wanted. Mighty tough.

The bad side on union was when one part of that company went on strike. everyone was off work and no one got paid. I've never worked for a union company myself, but I do recall a few years back when one company decided to strike, which was further up north from us, it effected lots of folks in our area where they ended up looking for other jobs to keep the lights on!

Nv is right to work so both unions and non union work together in same shop often.
I been on both sides, both have advantages and disadvantages.
Politically the conservative, republican side looses out massively because the democrat party has the union in their back pocket. Probably 25% of union people I talk to that vote D are doing it because they are unionized and that’s what their hall is pushing. I can’t believe how many will agree with 99% of the one party but in the end vote the other.

Now if one group of either union or non union would make some cool clear valve covers to see harland sharps working- maybe they would get some sales! Haha.

Back