• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

reward : 6.5 long block

matuva

Tropical 6.5er
Reaction score
New Caledonia. An island in south west pacific, cl
Hi all,

yesterday evening I went to visit my father in law. I knew he was finishing to reinstall a head, for the second time and was hoping his problems were cured.

When I saw him, I understood obviously that thing were not going the good way--- :nonod:

In fact, the truck started and ran fine for 20 mins, then he heard a hicup and she started running really rough with a lot of white smoke, upper rad hose being hard as rock...

So, we understand that if it is not the heads, then the only culprit left is the block.:incazzato:

That was yesterday evening. I believe that several beers later and after a good sleep, he is feeling a little better this morning. :drunk1:

Anyways, when I left him yesterday, I was in charge of finding a spare engine.

You can imagine how easy this is for a guy like me living in an island from south west pacific---

Any of you can advise me about trustable companies selling long blocks?

I have the feeling that this going to be a "funny" adventure---

If you want to go with a new AMG / GEP, WW Williams is a retail distributor for their longblocks. They have locations all over the US and are a US military contractor/distributor. They treated me like a king, and if anyone can get it to you, they can.

PM me if you want the contact info.

Avant

May want to contact North Maine, he's parting out his truck also Avant salvage www.avantsalvage.com aka Diesel depot one of Bill Heath's sources

My engine runs like a jewell, but their mech work, well I say I have seen better mechanics in my backyard drunk and in their underwear, than Avant has. My total on rework so far has went over 4,ooo.oo. They busted the master cyl. putting the engine in, somehow cracked the trans, housing, on a new rebuilt 5 speed stand., bad clutch and assem., put old warn out parts on a new project, left wires undone, and in general after 2 years I am still pissed. The engine work is fine so far, I was disabiled and can't get under my baby to do the work on her, so I am stuck.
KEEPIN IT SIMPLE

IIRC you remove the fuelpump on the 6.2 and the plate from the 6.5 goes in it's place. Avant...Don't know em but I would never let any Junkyard work on my vehiche. They can barely get parts out without damage, imagine getting them back in ????

Back