• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Resetting injector pop pressure

Another interesting tidbit he told me is that there is counterfit Bosch-India nozzles out there. He said Bosch sent him notification and pics of the counterfits. He said some of the lazer etched insignias aren't there on the counterfits.

Can't believe I missed this post. This is what I was talking about earlier with the rebuilt ones I got but the bodies were all German with one French.

I read through this posting twice and I was wondering if I missed it or what. Is there a link of where to get the best price on shims? Are the new german nozzles available and is there a link for where to get them. Can the german nozzles be installed on any injector brand? Before I found this great accumulation of 6.5 knowledge, I was suspect to buying the fuel meiser nozzles from a certain nor easter site. I bought a pop tester, and I just don't know if I should rebuild and set pop pressure, or if I should buy new and do the same. If I buy new, where should I get them and what brand. If I rebuild, what all components will I need to accomplish that? Thanks guys in advance.

I have just read this thread since I am researching injectors. I am just wondering why I havn't read about anyone buying injectors from Teds? Just curious.

Bosch injectors are back on RockAuto. Just FYI.

Correction. They are back in the catalog. You still cannot place them in the shopping cart. :WTF:

Last edited:
There is a Diesel shop in Potterville, Michigan,, that if you google search that info,, you'll get a number,, and you can ship injectors to them,, they set pop's for me @ $6.00 ea! and can get a install kit from them as well.

I have just read this thread since I am researching injectors. I am just wondering why I havn't read about anyone buying injectors from Teds? Just curious.

I just do...

And I just bought an injector pop tester (made in India)

I will check if these Ted's injectors pop at the right pressure ( around 2 000~2 200 PSI, right?)

Anybody knows other places where to buy shims in addition to the link provided by Barry?

BTW Barry, nice thread :thumbsup:

I bought a pack of sheet shims from MSC. It comes with 4x8 sheets of many thicknesses. I use a punch from a tarp repair kit at Wal-Mart. Been doing it that way for years.

I bought a pack of sheet shims from MSC. It comes with 4x8 sheets of many thicknesses. I use a punch from a tarp repair kit at Wal-Mart. Been doing it that way for years.

Great idea. What material worked best? Any part numbers? MSC Industrial Supply right?

Back