• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Replacing crankshaft bolt

Tovar

Reaction score
Replacing my stock harmonic balancer with a fluidamper. Would like to replace my crankshaft bolt as well (l don't know how old it is). Where can I get the correct bolt? I'm sure it is a difficult to find item.

I have a few used ones laying around that *uh* outlived the engine they came from. It's generally not replaced unless damaged in some way.

19yrs at 200ft/lbs. seems like the truck could use a new bolt. Can't seem to find any new ones. Probably go back with the old.

Not as of yet. The key is finding somebody who actually knows what you are looking for. I say it is for a 6.5 turbo diesel, and the dealership folk look at me like it is a make believe truck. Even though there are a million of them still in exhistance. I've never ever gotten any real help from dealerships before, they are just last ditch efforts. I'll keep at... I'll find one sooner or later.

Back