• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Replacement turbo

Guys thanks for the support, I will have a few more made, trying to keep costs in check. I appreciate the support, right now there is no place to get an ATT A Team Turbo unless you are a member here. :D

I think a website would be a wise business move, as its almost necessary in this day of age.

This thread is awesome, kudos to all that contributed.
Have a question though, is there going to be a limited time to get one of these kits.
Also is having 3.5 exhaust a problem using this turbo?

Have a question though, is there going to be a limited time to get one of these kits.

PM Slim Shady about availability, 3.5" exhaust will work.

Leo

a 3.5" downpipe or after after the downpipe all the way back?

I will have to check. I hacked an exhaust off a power stroke ( i know i know)
But I kinda in a jam. Brought the truck with just a straight pipe that ended before the back of the cab. Boy was it loud

Last time I chatted with Slim, I think he said he was close to placing a order for a 2nd batch, PM him him for details. I don't think a 3.5" exhaust will hurt much, that said if you have a non GM downpipe after the turbo, I have no clue impact of flowing through a GM stock down pipe.

For those interested, I finally got some time to grab another set of data when returning from Ga. other nite, this time warm spring day and no IC after the ATT.

Mpg was 18-19 ish most time running 2200 rpm/75 mph, this mpg also includes those excursions above that during the data collection and I squeezed the fuel into the tank a little more than I did when departing, local fuel war, packed in all I could @ 1.88/gal, so I'm guessing had I been driving the normal mode not grabbing data I'd be closer to 19-20 mpg, vs 16-17 I used to get running that speed.

For air box temps I used one of those wireless dual indoor/outdoor temp thermometers, remote sender in the air box, I was surprised that it was able to transmit into the cab but it worked like a champ.

For my exhaust back pressure numbers, buying the cheap $20 Faze vac/boost gage is skewing that data some, as now it reads 3 psi even when truck is shut down, which I guess could depending on the linearity of a bargan gage at top end, could indicate at power the ATT is meeting the 1:1 optimal ratio drive pressure vs boost one looks for in a turbo, even if it isn't linear, the matching is pretty darn close to 1:1 for guys wanting to tow I'm thinking this is a winner for sure. If towing come later in summer, I think a WMI to keep things cool would be the ticket over a IC, that will be next step for the old girl once Uncle Sam decides to return some of that money he took too much of from me.

One piece of data I forgot to log here was APP position; on the 106 mph run APP was at 78%, truck was ready for more spped still accelerating, but with traffic and heading into the sun running West blinding me I decided 106 mph was plenty fast enough to be running, I ran it up there grabbed a data set as fast as I could manage then came back to a sensible speed.

The file is an excel file Jifaire or somebody else can you convert it using that other program you talked about last time I loaded data, so those without excel can see the data also.

Attachments

• TDO-7 vs ATT data.xls
    28.5 KB · Views: 53
Thanks for the info TD

The turbo's seem comparable in the back pressure And it looks like the IC did keep IAT's down. WMI will help in the WOT areas.

Does your butt feel like it's more responsive without the IC?

Leo

File converted to PDF

Here is Tim's Excel file in PDF format for those of you who don't have Microsoft office.

By the way - you can also open Excel files with OpenOffice, which is free.

Attachments

• TDO-7 vs ATT data.pdf
    5.7 KB · Views: 37

X2 to what NVW said about the 3.5 exhaust. That will work fine, I don't know how the turbo will work with a stock down pipe; I think that the stock down pipe would be restrictive and may negate the turbo's characteristics.

I have acquired the funding and ordered the second batch. I have two left that have been spoken for, and I will notify the buyers in PM.

There will be a web site coming soon by a DTR member, where non DTR people can purchase a turbo and some other 6.5 specific items. The cost of the turbo kit might be slightly higher by about 48 to 50 dollars because of shipping and material cost for the new batch. However given the DTR family has supported this endeavor, (I want to thank all of you for that) there will be a special price for the members (I know who you are). I have not upped my margin any, I plan on making some money by volume thereby keeping the price reasonable: as long as I can pay the bills, and make a few dollars, it is a good thing. So much for being a good capitalist huh:confused:. Well I plan on being here a long time.

I want to especially and publicly thank UNIT 453, the big guy for helping me when things were really bad, (We are working, yeah) he will know what I am talking about, and Turbine Doc who has spear headed most all of the data and was the Ginny Pig for almost all of the initial testing :eek: I can't thank you two guys enough. I think we here at DTR have the best folks.

Slim

TD, Why was your TDCO at 0.09 w/ IC ?........No reflash?
oddity of MT2500 display, on Tech 2 it was showing -1.94, my 96-2000 cartridge shows at -.09, my 96-98 shows as -5.4 which is what was on this last data run but if I posted that it would really throw folks off, I've talked to Snap-On multiple times and they can't explain it.

Same flash both data sets, reflash has nothing to do with TDC setting that has to be set/learned when you install the computer

Last edited:
I asked that very question today when I was getting shipping info on my WMI kit, he still hasn't installed it yet, seems the truck it was destined to go on had catastophic oil loss, and the engine got lunched at hiway speed a while back (IIRC, seam on oil filt blew out).

Last month we were discussing reprogramming to match the ATT, he did not seem to think a tweak would be required, LSR with it's twins did not take any tweaks at Bonneville, so pobably none needed for the TD07 that Bill has of mine; or the ATT rest of us that have them are running now.

A member with stock program & ATT is not too far from Bill, he was waiting for the tweaked program before buying a reflash to go with his ATT, I shared my info from Bill with him, said he was going to go to Bill's and grab a reflash, so possibly we'll hear about that run at Bill's one before we hear about the TD07 installed & run at Bill's.

Back