• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Removed Body Moulding

BERK

Angry White Man
Reaction score
I just axed my body moulding that refused to hold a coat of black paint. I used about 6' of 80# fishing line to saw the mouldings off. Came off pretty easy. Then I used a "magic eraser" wheel to get the adhesive off. That thing works wonders. All I have left to do is clay bar the residue, but it's raining so I'm going out for a pint or four.:cheers2:

put up some pics when you done. trucks always look better with all the unneccessary shit pulled off......

I bet it looks better, just did the same thing to my Caprice this weekend, my thumbs are a little sore, shoulda got one of those wheels...

Ya post some pics for sure. I removed mine about a month after I bought it. Nothing like a clean lookin truck! :yesnod:

I also rmoved my silverado molding from the rear. But I can NOT pull myself to remove the 2500HD or Duramax logo :nono:

magic eraser wheel hmm I gotta see one of those,I have the sponge ones is it the same stuff(material) just a different application?

magic eraser wheel hmm I gotta see one of those,I have the sponge ones is it the same stuff(material) just a different application?

NOOOOOOO!. I just saw what you mean in a store the the other day. I DID NOT use the Mr Clean Magic Eraser. What I used is a rubber wheel that mounts on a drill. You can only buy it at an automotive supply store. Please do not confuse the two.

that was the first thing i did when i got my truck, it blows my mind all the shit that gets stuck behind it

I still have to wash and clay bar it, it's too humid here so I'll wait a while.

NOOOOOOO!. I just saw what you mean in a store the the other day. I DID NOT use the Mr Clean Magic Eraser. What I used is a rubber wheel that mounts on a drill. You can only buy it at an automotive supply store. Please do not confuse the two.

Got it not Mr.Clean type lol.Lets see those pics after the clay bar.

IMG_0256.jpg

Sorta like that. I was gonna wash it last Sunday but I went jetskiing instead. I'll have pics for the 4th.

i had to do alot of digging but i found the mirror caps in my GM parts catalog same goes for the mirrors. if you would like i could try and find the part numbers again for you. or if you need another color i can find that as well. (its slow in chevy parts and all ive got is time!) lol

looks good...... did you have the handles painted or did you buy those?? what about the backs of the mirrors??

i had to do alot of digging but i found the mirror caps in my GM parts catalog same goes for the mirrors. if you would like i could try and find the part numbers again for you. or if you need another color i can find that as well. (its slow in chevy parts and all ive got is time!) lol

that'd be cool. its for a white 03. same way yours look, kinda how i wanted to do mine..... thanks.

I thank God mine did not come with moulding...wife's Tahoe did though.

As soon as I am mobile, they are gone!

Back