• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Removed Body Moulding

Ok here they are, along with the pic of the eraser wheel.

looks way better with them off..... cleaner lines....

i like the flags..... very nice :D

Wow your truck looks perfect! :eek:16: I definatly like it without the moldings.

Hey, what brand is your front bumper and how do you have the flags mounted? If you can post or send me a pic! I had a flag on the tailgate of my last truck but it would be nicer like yours close to the cab!

I'm glad you like it. I got a great response to the flags but it's sad that hardley anybody represents the U.S. on the 4th. The bumpers are Ranch Hands. I made the flag mount out of 2 x 12's and pipe fittings. I used 100lbs of steel plate for ballast. You could make something similar from hardware parts for under $50.

Ohhh the smart eraser pad lol.You need to powder coat your hitch ball black to complete the transformation, looks good.That truck would get dirty in three seconds after I washed it at my house-lots of dust around here.

that'd be cool. its for a white 03. same way yours look, kinda how i wanted to do mine..... thanks.

hey ill keep looking for the solid white but i found the white with chrome so far the part number is 17801132 this kit is right at $100.00

17801132.jpg

the mirror covers are 17800657 they run about $55.00

BERK,
how long were your moldings on? i either have to paint mine or get them off of the truck, but since mine is 5 years old, i'm worried the paint underneath will be off color (not faded).

Since '04. If you look close you can tell where the moulding was, but from any distance more than 3 feet, looks factory.

i had to do alot of digging but i found the mirror caps in my GM parts catalog same goes for the mirrors. if you would like i could try and find the part numbers again for you. or if you need another color i can find that as well. (its slow in chevy parts and all ive got is time!) lol

Duranali -

They don't offer those in blue granite - do they?

Bill

Duranali -

They don't offer those in blue granite - do they?

Bill[/QUOTE]

i think so, what is your paint RPO code?

hey ill keep looking for the solid white but i found the white with chrome so far the part number is 17801132 this kit is right at $100.00

17801132.jpg

the mirror covers are 17800657 they run about $55.00

thanks for finding that. i'll keep it in mind when i decide to do some "body work" .... :D

I'm glad you like it. I got a great response to the flags but it's sad that hardley anybody represents the U.S. on the 4th. The bumpers are Ranch Hands. I made the flag mount out of 2 x 12's and pipe fittings. I used 100lbs of steel plate for ballast. You could make something similar from hardware parts for under $50.

Huh I think I see what your saying. I used steel conduet and used conduet holders to mount it to my tail gate.

I know what your saying about no one showing pride on the 4th. I'd put the flags on during the holiday weekends and Sept 11. :patriot:

I first had the idea after Sept 11 01. I put a flag I got from my grandpa that was real nice with stiched stars. I put it on the ford t/k I had and drove to school everyday. The second day I had them on I came out and someone stole it. I almost puked :pissed:

thanks for finding that. i'll keep it in mind when i decide to do some "body work" .... :D

hey no problem, if you or anyone needs a quick part look up or anything like that let me know. i shouldnt be the only one that benifits from having a GM parts catalog in my face all day.

Berk...Where you find your "dynabrade eraser wheel"?

I'm looking on the web and can find them but no large auto part stores list them on their websites...I'd like to pick one up locally if possible...

pepp, i got mine at my local napa store. i would start there. any big chain "should" have them.

never thought to check Napa...I really wanted the dynabrade...but my body shop supply house only offered the 3m eraser... $29...

Dynabrade sure is proud of their stuff though... theirs online would have cost me $45

never thought to check Napa...I really wanted the dynabrade...but my body shop supply house only offered the 3m eraser... $29...

Dynabrade sure is proud of their stuff though... theirs online would have cost me $45

i don't know what brand mine is, it might be a 3m, but i sure as hell didn't pay $45 for it tho!

this is what the dynabrade looks like...it's serrated to prvent over heating and burning of the clear coat...
38953302_8493984.jpg

Back