• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Remind me...intermittent SES

Dan Hunter

Truck Terrorist
Reaction score
1+50 into a 2 hour trip my SES came on and kicked the cruise off while doing about 65mph. When I got off the throttle coming into town and stopped at the traffic light, the SES went out. It came on breifly when accelerating and then went out at the next traffic light. No light since. No driveability issues.

Thoughts?

Interesting. It does have a TM and a Heath chip. I'd have thought that would make me less vulernable to that. I was at about 3 psi at the time and it's adjusted to allow 12 psi though I rarely see that and today never went above 11 psi...that was about 20 minutes prior to the SES.

Still, I'll check the codes tomorrow. I'm at work now.

Searching, I found another thread that indicated that above 2 psi boost on long hills the ECM can see an inappropriate boost level resulting from a leak. Lately, I have seen boost levels lower than expected but didn't think anything about it.

Looks like I need to crawl around searching for cracks. Where to look?

I checked it on break. Only one code:

35 idle air control sensor circuit fault

Stuff I found points to a failing IP; hoping it might be lingering air bubbles from when the fuel line failed. Maybe some pixy dust will fix it. We'll see.

Code 35 is for the injection pump. It is for response time to short for solenoid closure. A bad PMD can cause this, clouded optic sensor, or failing injection pump.

The truck shut down due to stavation when my fuel line failed. Any chance a residual bubble running across the optical sensor set it off.

Definately a possibility. Fuel starvation can also cause the fuel solenoid to close rapidly due to vacuum inside the pump and trip the code 35.

Back