• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Re. Inj pump removal

Two leaky line fittings at the pump. My bad. Trying to find the magic tool to turn them. Anyone know of any thing made to reach around, beside, under the pump from above and turn them?
I was pondering a trip to the welder to see what he could heat and bend and weld together.
A 12 point obstruction flare wrench shaped for the bottom two. Another for the two outer ones. From there their easy.

Even with the leaks and timing off, this pump starts hot and sounds better than the previous rebuild pump. Waiting on a crows foot from my brothers tool box, my horror freight one broke. I also ordered a 12 point one, us made, called Bonnie, off the web. 10 bucks, but if it works and fits well, worth having.

I like perusing the local yard sale wares for American steel hand tools. Upon rare occasion I come across some decent Swiss files too. That makes a gunsmith happy. Mostly their rusted or have been banging around in a drawer against themselves. Very poor form for files.

I like perusing the local yard sale wares for American steel hand tools. Upon rare occasion I come across some decent Swiss files too. That makes a gunsmith happy. Mostly their rusted or have been banging around in a drawer against themselves. Very poor form for files.
I too gather up files. I keep the best ones in a tool roll to keep them from rubbing agin one another.
I do have several that I keep in a drawer in the top box, for easy access, they are in good condition, I should keep them in a protective sheath of sorts too.

Back