• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ram Recalls Fuel Pump

I could not confirm what they are replacing it with: their updated CP4.2 symmetrical pump or CP-ISB21 (Similar to the CP3 design) that they are using on 2021+ RAM Cummins pickups. So I asked they delete the "rumor". As the updated CP4.2 symmetrical pump was installed from the factory on the affected recall dates: assumptions were made that can't be referenced at this time.

Couple links to the recalls and lawsuit that laid an egg for GM and Ford. At least GM got away from the CP4.

^^^ Returns the debris to the gas tank. :facepalm: The OEM fuel filters then stop any debris... That would explain the article's Diesel pump failure and warranty denial.

"
There is also a cheap kit called a “Disaster Prevention Kit” that filters fuel coming from the pump back to the gas tank. The filters capture the debris, but according to the lawsuit, the pump will still fail. However, the owner will only need to replace the pump when that happens.
"

Funny how it’s a lawsuit because the pump can’t withstand the fuel in the USA. Hut that same pump design has ZERO problems in Mexico, South America, etc.
Same for the older diesels, and all the carbureted gas engines have a nightmare time.
Remember years back and no one bought premix 2stroke? Chainsaws to dirtbikes, everyone bought pump gas and mixed it themselves. Now there is cans of premix everywhere because it is alcohol free fuel and people learned it’s worth paying more to avoid the issues in carburetors.

Early tbi and gas injectors never plugged up. Now if you don’t do fuel treatment the injectors suffer.
My wife has family in Argentina, they have none of these fuel problems. Why- real fuel still.

And STILL all these people think alcohol mixed fuel is a smart idea.
SMH

Back