• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Quick question, remove CDR?

I thought the same, but on my 6.2 it went into the old round, carburetor type air filter can, I think outside the filter. I had mine plumbed into the silicone elbow, post filter, pre turbo, and it was guzzling oil. I unplugged it and it had normal minimal oil loss.
Before I put a hole somewhere, I want to know for sure I'm doing it right.

I did the road draft tube for a while with the CDR still in the valve cover and my rear main seal started to weep. I didn't want to fog the whole inside of my freshly cleaned and gasket matched intake. I ended up W/ a Home brew catch can made from a AG sprayer filter canister w/ 1" ports mounted it on the frame under the driver door used 1" oil resistant hose. Here is the one I have on both of my rigs https://agrimart.net/1-hypro-polypropylene-strainer-3350-0059a/
I filled the inside of it with SS pot scrubbers .Has been working well, have emptied it once in a year and it had about 1/8 cup in it. And the intake has stayed oil free.

Weird thing is, I swear my oil pressure is getting better.

Well, yes. Magic wand involved, you would run the crankcase in a nice vacuum. Pickup lost horsepower the pistons fight in motion, and The lower the vacuum the easier the oil flows. If your oil pump pushes through the system then dumps into the crankcase that is at 3psi, that means your oil pump is already at -3psi in calculations before oil ever fights along a bearing or passage. So if your cdr is allowing pressure to build, it is lowering oil pressure and more importantly volume flow.

The cdr cuts the amount of flow of oil vapors and crankcase pressure at high rpm. Why? Because it will burn off your oil too quickly and pollute the air in doing so. -thats when the pistons are moving air in crankcase the most, and more oil is turning into mist.

A remote coalescing unit like the homemade one or the provent should be ran at maximum vacuum imo so long as no oil is getting burned, or at least an acceptable amount. Pulling crankcase pressure low as possible and recovery of all the oil is a 2 point win.

And yes WW is correct get that pmd off the engine. Back of front bumper

Are filter finally got here. Order got lost. Drove to and back N.Y. to TN with a red shop rag as an air filter after the radiator puked and soaked mfine. My filter gauge showed a restricteio even with it there, half worn out and more open than not.

Back