• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Quick question for the ferminator

Ihateworkingoncars

Reaction score
I've got a 2000 C3500 with the 4L80E trans in it it has the separated cooler lines one up front one in the rear . I went an bought what the Hollander book said would work which was a trans out of a 99 Silverado 2500 they look the same the only difference I can tell so far is that mine on the 2000 c3500 hsa the cooler lines separated vs the one I bought has them both together up front . So will the one I bought work just by getting a shorter cooler line ? I'm hoping so cause Hollander said those 2 years would , will the harness plug up , the 2 sensors, and will the electronics internally work ? So only thing I would need is a shorter trans cooler line. This is my only vehicle /work truck and I don't want to remove mine if I'm not 100% sure it's gonna work an everyone says something different .thabks in advanced. @THEFERMANATOR

Last edited:
I've got a 2000 C3500 with the 4L80E trans in it it has the separated cooler lines one up front one in the rear . I went an bought what the Hollander book said would work which was a trans out of a 99 Silverado 2500 they look the same the only difference I can tell so far is that mine on the 2000 c3500 hsa the cooler lines separated vs the one I bought has them both together up front . So will the one I bought work just by getting a shorter cooler line ? I'm hoping so cause Hollander said those 2 years would , will the harness plug up , the 2 sensors, and will the electronics internally work ? So only thing I would need is a shorter trans cooler line. This is my only vehicle /work truck and I don't want to remove mine if I'm not 100% sure it's gonna work an everyone says something different .thabks in advanced. @THEFERMANATOR
As well I was watching monster transmission and Kurt says 9596 and up have the cooler lines separated and Hollander says 99 2500 and a 2000 c3500 will interchange well I bought a 99 from a 2500 and the coolant lines are together up front yet it has the neutral safety switch on the side so I don't even know what's going on or what years have what it's like everybody's contradicting each other on what years have what the only difference I can see between the 2500 99 Silverado e or 4L80E in mine on a 2000 c3500 same transmission is mine has a cooler line separated and the 99s are still together up front so do I just shorten my one cooler line and it should work

Up to 96 has both cooler lines together, ALL 97+ have the outlet in the front, and the return near the rear. As Will pointed out, many people swap different years into different trucks. Functionally, 94+ all work the same, 95+ all have the bosses for the nsbu on the trans, so you could make it work if you had to. As you seen the lines are in different places, when you look closer you will also find the earlier trans with both lines in front uses 5/16" cooler lines where 97+ used 3/8".

Back