• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PYO chrome centercaps

I checked the P/N information with the dealer. ak's P/N doesn't cross to the known correct P/N for the aluminum wheels. I checked it via the VIN of the truck they're going on.

those selling them on websites give specific information on which wheel they will fit. OEM is either steel or aluminum, but not both. Aftermarket seems to fit either.

I think any of them will fit as long as same bolt pattern. Just need the correct lug nut covers is all. I put the PYOs on mine and the old 88-98 caps, but had to use the nut covers from the PYOs.

here ya go

Attachments

• 062.jpg
    062.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 061 resize.jpg
    061 resize.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 060 resize.jpg
    060 resize.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 059 resize.jpg
    059 resize.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 4
I think any of them will fit as long as same bolt pattern. Just need the correct lug nut covers is all. I put the PYOs on mine and the old 88-98 caps, but had to use the nut covers from the PYOs.

I hope you're right, but I still wonder why they seem to be specific to the rim type, according to those selling on ebay and at the dealer.

Because those sellers can only tell you that. If they say it'll fit something it did not come on they open themselves up to problems.
Even at that I can only say the older 88-98 steel wheel cap will fit PYOs, but you have to use PYOs lug nut covers. Anything other fitment ??? but I imaging when theres a will.....

here's a couple of pics of actual PYO caps

Attachments

• 035 resize.jpg
    035 resize.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 033 resize.jpg
    033 resize.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 3
so it turns out one of my caps is a pyo cap. took some pics side by side and there is a slight difference. biggest difference was the lug cap was fixed in the pyo one and moveable in the other with the difference mainly being in the lug cap

Attachments

• 039 resize.jpg
    039 resize.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 038 resize.jpg
    038 resize.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 037 resize.jpg
    037 resize.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 4
  • 036 resize.jpg
    036 resize.jpg