• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pulled Mishimoto from my web site.

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
So, I just pulled Mishimoto radiator from my web site!
(name removed) ordered one from me in Aug I think (I'll edit the date if wrong). Mishimoto has been giving us the run around since then! At first they said its on back order then after the back order date passed I was on them again. Finally they got me a tracking # and said it would be shipped overnight. Well that didn't happen, they pulled the same shit for 3 weeks. I finally gave them an ultimatum this morning that they need to ship the part today and provide a tracking #. Mishimoto said they would call me with it today. Well the dickhead emailed me at 4:04PM cst witch is 5:05 their time (after hours) . So I couldn't even get an answer until Monday now!!!. Unfortunately for them the dead line has passed, I gave them many chances to do the right thing and just send the item or at least let me know whats going on!! So, I have pulled them from my site and will never recommend them again.
I don't play around with shit head vendors. I would not want to be treated like that. If I have a vendor on my site you can bet they will be removed if they don't hold their quality and customer service Just like I did with the Walbro FRC10 and now Mishimoto.

It was a weird situation, at every turn I was lied to or what they said they would do they did not.
It may have been a blessing in disguise though as I have a new manufacturer for a 3 core all aluminum radiator for $350 shipped. thats 1/2 price of the Mishi.

With the lower cost what kind of quality will their be??

I was going to suggest talking to Griffin but I doubt many would require that much radiator, and then they aren't anywhere as low cost, but then again I think a person gets what they pay for to a great extent...

The quality looks pretty good. I have one here I plan on testing in the CCSB if I can find time to do it.
To be honest the welds aren't as pretty but so far that about the only difference I see.

@sctrailrider Don’t take this as arguing. We all know your current truck build is 100% top notch and doing
Everything in it the way we wish we could, I am quite sure. I know I do...

Griffin and Ron Davis are the 2 bigboys in aluminum radiators for sure. And you have a reputation from both that adds comfort in the reliability dept for sure, but at an added price. There is a list of hummer owners that have had each fail in their early model radiators before they worked out the kinks. And while
Griffin does amazing production hand in hand with bigtime mfrs, and has incredible engineering, Davis is known to be best on 1 off builds and racing,
then making production runs of it (legitimately arguable by Griffin).

Much like Mac Tools and Snap-on. The 2 biggest and best in their world. Snappy’s motto “There is a difference” says a lot but isn’t 100% accurate. Tools made by 3rd party and relabled like Lisle, or made to same or better quality and performance like GearWrench. You pay more for the name, but you know you will get the service and quality because of that investment. But Gear Wrench is the better buy most of the time. Especially compared to things like proto or craftsman.

I think that is what Leroy is trying to accomplish here is a much better than stock option without the expense of top shelf pricing. For a difference of close to a thousand dollars after shipping compared to Griffin- I think more old 1990’s trucks may see the one Leroy is looking at.

I kinda think the “sctrailrider dream truck” (yeah it deserves a name) will manage all the fuel you shove through it- which I expect to be impressive ;)

Leroy- always on the quest for upgrades and proper service. Atta-boy.

An excellent post @Will L.
And yes, that is a truck with the mods that I can only wish and dream for. I love what SCTrailrider has done to that unit.
I too, when shopping for an up rated radiator will definitely be going for Leroys, get them cores out there and get some feed back on them.

Yea cost does matter to me also and as I said most will require a less costly unit and it will serve them well I'm sure, I hope.. I don't always go with the more costly product, I try and do my research and pick what will last as long as the truck will for me, as said before this is my last build and I'm attempting a few new things at the same time...

I didn't mean the low cost products were always less quality, it just seems to work out that way sometimes...

Leroy could you post some pics of the new product here??

On the ford side, many are having good luck from Rodney red, champion, and American eagle radiator. (I think those are the ones)
The local parts stores carry radiators that are half as thick, so end up losing a lot of cooling efficiency.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Back