• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

psd. q.

1995psd

stroker
Reaction score
i have a 95" psd and am thinking about pulling it.
i have it str8 piped, tw chip will be here on next sun.
diy intake.

what are some upgredes i need to for sure do or get?
and some pointers.
i am hooked on pulling right now but have never done it

Depending on the tunes Tony Gave you you may consider a D66 turbo upgrade from beans. A Torque converter and JW or BTS valve body would also be my top priority.

Since your setup for pulling I would also check your fuel pressure and shim The FPR as needed. Base line of 60PSI at idle.

Don't Purchse the 6637 Filter from wix. I have the same filter in AFE anf it flows MUCH more than the wix paper filter does. it's a one time deal also. Just clean it when it's dirty

i already have the 6637 filter- but i got it from napa-are you saying toss it?

Take it back!! the flow is horrible. It does filter good but for just over twice what you paid for it you can have an AFE. The AFE is the exact same size as the 6637. I worked with AFE for over a year to have this filter made to replace the costly 6637.

You will not be disappointed

The 6637 has very good filter capabilities it just doesn't flow near as much as people think they do. Then by the time you buy 2 of them you could have had a much better filter to start with

huh?
well that is a good point b/c i think its a paper filter so i cant wash it out although i could blow it out like i do to all of the dozers and loaders i do every day-lol

if you are going to sled pull I suggest one more thing not listed.....replace your U joints now....The drivelines snap all the time and I have seen more of it just u joints giving out

The Ujoint problem they have is caused by excessive axle wrap. Unless you plan on twin pumps and injector upgrades I really wouldn't worry about U joint....Yet

It's all up to the driver pullin. I would think your not going to be real impressed without duel pumps and injectors. I myself would have had DP tunes. Tunes from Tony is kinda hit and miss. where with Jody you can have it tuned just the way you want it. Not to mention his trans tunes are much better.

Your crazy. TW tunes are great tunes. I've seen Jody fail just like anyone else. Its the nature of pulling. You wont know how the truck is going to react to a tune until it hits the track. 2 years ago Jody couldn't get buntings truck to run for crap. It took several tries. When you get Tony's tunes, try them out. If you don't like what the truck is doing call him. We have a local guy with a 95 running dual pumps, big sticks and air, and Jody tunes. The truck should be doing alot better than it is, but he wont call DP Tuning to get it figured out. I'm sure they can get him what he needs. Its just sometimes it takes a few tries. Pulling is different than drag racing.

Your crazy. TW tunes are great tunes. I've seen Jody fail just like anyone else. Its the nature of pulling. You wont know how the truck is going to react to a tune until it hits the track. 2 years ago Jody couldn't get buntings truck to run for crap. It took several tries. When you get Tony's tunes, try them out. If you don't like what the truck is doing call him. We have a local guy with a 95 running dual pumps, big sticks and air, and Jody tunes. The truck should be doing alot better than it is, but he wont call DP Tuning to get it figured out. I'm sure they can get him what he needs. Its just sometimes it takes a few tries. Pulling is different than drag racing.

Thats where alot of knowledge comes in on these trucks. I'm not saying Tony is a bad tuner just his methods and programs are nowhere near the caliber of Jody's. I have live tuned with both!!.

Knowledge is what will help any puller or racer. These trucks are my life I know exactly what I want and what needs to be changed to achieve it. Knowing your injectors ( Not just HP or CC ), Oil system and trans is key. Chances are Tony tuned his truck like any other OBS because thats the only info he knows. I can promis If 1995PSD knew his ICP pressure, fuel pressure, LPN's of his injectors he could gain huge amounts of power by tweaking the tunes.

I do agree patrick

Last edited:
Back