• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Project Rear Disc Brakes

Damn! I was lost in the sauce. Ive only read that post 20 times. I thought we used metric and the es409rs were standard and he needed some sort of special adapter to link the two together. Sorry about this ferm and t. The anawer was right there all along. Thx for the help very much. Best regards!

No worries. I have those days too.

Ok im in on this now. Picked up an 02 2500 rear to go into my 95 2500 7.4 4wd.
A couple months ago I removed tossed and bypassed the inop abs unit because it was causing the front brakes to drag. I pulled the vac booster and installed a 95 3500 hydroboost and master cyl, and plumbed in an adjustable rear brake prop valve.

Modified the brake pedal, took an inch out of it between the pivot and the pin that the booster rod goes to and welded back together. That was fun, removed the whole dash to get the brake pedal out. Actually cut a small piece out of the underdash steel structure to get the pivot bolt out.

The brakes were a thousand times better at that point but now im doing the gmt800 rear end swap and going to track down the front gmt800 spindles and do the big front brakes also.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back