• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Project for the boys and i

Shoot, looks like most the drivetrain is there too. Rub a lil polish on it and drive! Steering wheel even has the one finger in the middle speed steer feature.

Seriously though, that is some way cool body lines on the front clip. I seriously don’t understand how modern truck designers just cant look at a nice shape and become inspired to make things look good. One of the guys at work just got his new Chev truck and out of 25 guys looking at it not one says “wow I like that”. Everyone automatically starts looking for solutions. Ya get a truck front end that looks like this and the arguments are “keep patina, just clear coat it” vs “nice bright red with candy in it to really show the lines” vs “simple flat black to show it basic”. Really, how horrible could the aerodynamics really be that we cant have nice big fenders anymore?

I hope you had mpg numbers before and after the body swap to show if there is any real difference.

Out of the weather means you can work on it more comfortably, right? Progress?
I am making zero Hummer progress so I am living vicariously through all you guy’s projects for now. haha

Something hit me, I won’t comment on overcooked dinner anymore. Um no really I was thinking before why add the weight of the channel iron supporting the bed-I was wrong as could be- the rear suspension is going to be too stiff because the weight of the tahoe body is way more than the weight of the bed and that 3”. When it is together and running you might sandbag the bed to see if lightening the rear springs is in order.

Could always take out a leaf, but then you'd loose load carrying capacity. Go with a softer rate aftermarket set. Or bag the whole thing.

Back