• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Project 141 Build

Supposobly the most up dated and last number GM had after the 5521. Im curious to see how well it works. I had him calibrate it during the rebuild to put out the most fule possible with out running away.

Supposobly the most up dated and last number GM had after the 5521. Im curious to see how well it works. I had him calibrate it during the rebuild to put out the most fule possible with out running away.

What does he do to it to put out more fuel? i thought a reflash was the only way except of course for bigger plungers

Give the number a call. I just asked him if he can make that pump put out anymore then what it does from the factory. He said it can be calibrated to put out more to a certin extent before they start to run away in the upper rpms. Im pretty sure it can olny be turned up when it's out of the truck....... But like I said give him a shout he will tell you more the I can . His name is Art

I just used the diamond pre cups in the reman heads. I should have it running tomorrow a friend and I dropped the engine in tonight just gotta finnish hooking up all the little things. I will post a video of the first start tomorrow or Sunday

I can't seem to get it started :( I hooked up the batterys then the entire harness in the bumper melted then the starter won't engage when I turn the key so I did it manually and it still won't start I cracked an injector line and got nothing comin out. What do I check for??

I can't seem to get it started :( I hooked up the batterys then the entire harness in the bumper melted then the starter won't engage when I turn the key so I did it manually and it still won't start I cracked an injector line and got nothing comin out. What do I check for??

Uh, you're gonna have to explain that a little more...

If everything is hooked up properly, it will take a lot of cranking to get fuel through the injectors. You're starting with a new IP, new lines, etc... did you prime the oil pump, also? (sorry, should have asked that a bit earlier)

Prime the oil pump? No I dident and how should I have done that? And the melting wires? I hooked up the batterys then a couple min after I heard and arking sound then lots of smoke. It was the light harness in the frount bumper. Im stumped as to why it happend. I Wil post pics later when I get home. How much cranking will I need to do??

Lots. Your IP only puts out a few mm^3 per stroke.,, you have to fill the lines all the way to the injectors and get all the air out before you can pop them.

Charge your batteries, disable your glow plugs, loosen all the injector lines at the injectors, then crank 30 seconds at a time until you see fuel coming out a loosened injector line. Each time you see one dribble, tighten it until you get fuel through the system. It will probably start and run like crap until they all bleed, maybe once you have 5 or 6 working. (once you have some fuel in 4 or 5, enable your glows again).

Don't crank for too long at one time without stopping to let the starter cool off, or you'll fry it and your connections.

As for the other harness, that's worrisome... don't wait too long before you solve that.

I got it runnin! I just cranked and cranked then it flashed right up. Very smoky though. I think it needs to to timed now

White smoke or grey? Set your IP with the FSO straight up and do the ko-ko thing (remember, you need to have engine temp over 170* to time anything) ... but yeah, get it timed.

You were right on the money. It smoked white And ran choppy for a bit then cleared up now it
Just has a slight haze. Feels good to hear this old girl run once again. I just half to figure out why I can't start it from the key. I half to use a bar and go directly off the starter. What can I check
For that problem?all fuses are good. Thanks by the way.....

I would suspect that your little meltdown has something to do with it... trace the wiring from your starter harness, fix all the stuff that melted, make sure you do all that without the batteries hooked up or you'll cook some more stuff.

Back