• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Project 141 Build

DZZ71

"Living The 6.5 Dream"
Reaction score
Well im about to start my second build, I thought i would share what im doing with the engine and my modifications. Here is the parts.... The Block is a 141 with squirters by the way. Any input and ideas is greatly appreciated. I will be posting lost of pics as the engine comes together over the next 3-4 weeks!

Scat crank shaft
Fluid Damper
Delta 206 Camshaft
New 0.30 over pistions (dished and ceramic coated)
Arp head studs
New Reman heads
Bottem end gurdle/Studs
Ported Heads
Rebuilt IP
HX35 for inital break in then have other plans :p
Buddy Chip
Water/Meth injection
Heath H.O injectors
Raptor 150GPH Lift Pump (with secondary fule/water filters)
Dual electric fans
Upgraded Oil lines

1000007.jpg

1000006.jpg

1000004.jpg

1000005.jpg

1000013.jpg

Yes sir, I blew a head gasket last fall and decided not to just replace the gaskets. I stripped it down and wanted to do it right. Its gonna be worth the wait I know it.

Do they machined the top of the pistons? Looks like most of the swirl chamber is MIA

I had them machine out the centers but they dident listen to me and took a bit more off then what i wanted. There was suppost to be a wider ring around the edge with it sloping into the middle but they made a shorter ring and chamferd some top edge.... Yeah i was pretty steamed about it and the fact they played stupid with me made me even more mad. but there is nothing that can be done about it now just ended up with a bit lower compression then i was wanting.

I figured with my calculator file that he would have about 17:1 CR with 5mm wide rim left on outside and 0.07" deep taken out. That is using a standard deck and gasket, but since he had .01" decked if he uses a standard head gasket it would be about 17.8:1 where he originally wanted to be.

The rim left on the outside allows ring height to remain the same as stock to protect the top ring from combustion temps as much as possible.

The CR might be a little higher, although I assumed the lowest case, where I have seen the oil squirter blocks with diamond cups may have 20.3:1 CR stock. The precups is where GM modified the CR from year to year. The 6.2 cups had much thicker walls and smaller openings for less internal volume, then 6.5 cups progressively got thinner walls and larger mouths. On the high end he might be almost 18.5:1

Last edited:
So far i got the heads ported and painted, was waiting on the wrist pin bushings to get pressed in for a week then had to track down a kit to install the cam bearings into the block. But i got the bottem all assembled this weekend and should be able to put the heads back to together and install new lifters for the delta cam i already have in the block this week. here is sum pics

progress047.jpg

progress049.jpg

progress054.jpg

progress051.jpg

progress055.jpg

progress056.jpg

progress057.jpg

Good way to keep the dust out!

Got the cam shaft in all the lifters in. I had 3 bad ones good thing for spares! Now that i have the block painted i can toss on my heads and get the valve covers and oil pan sand blasted. BBB82 i see in your sig that your running a delta cam? any feed back on it? im gonna be running the same one in this engine as well. The paint is made by duplicolor for engines ( go it at canadian tire).

july15014.jpg

july15013.jpg

july15012.jpg

july15011.jpg

Feed back its sitting on the bench with all the other parts waiting for a home the engine is still at the machine shop. Hows that hx35 setup? I got a rebuilt GM8 and turbo master but it also on the bench. If I am not happy with that setup I will be going to the supercharger. Didnt Buddy get on off of here to?

I like the HX35 over the GM8 anyday. I'm Gonna be using a different turbo after my engine is broke in. Buddy built me a chip to work better with my HX35. I'm really excited to try it out with the combination of peformance parts I'm using. How much did you pay for your aluminum rockers? I was quoted around $700 when I called 2 months ago for them.

Ya, they were 700 a set with rods a few months ago when they first hit the street but I think you can get them for 600 now. They also had a set of used ported and polished heads for 700. I wish I had that money I would have picked them up.They also stated that there porting work is as big as they can go, and they do not do old castings to much stress.

Goin to pick up the new injecion pump tomorrow! should be able to make a good dent on it this weekend and get ready to install next week if all goes well

im running the newest pump out there. I was considering trying the 5068 but i would half to send the chip back down to buddy for re tuneing and what not so i just decided to use a more common one. I also bought a new pmd with this pump its the grey one. I wonder if it will be any better....... I pretty much have the engine done just half to put the power steering bracket and pump back on and mount the turbo and a few other little things. I got the rest of the parts sand blasted and painted tonight so now its just a matter of installing them.

almostdone014.jpg

almostdone024.jpg

almostdone021.jpg

almostdone022.jpg

Back