• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

problem with new home.

This house is going to be the last one I build if I have anything to do with it. I have went the extra mile to make sure the foundation is extra strong, extra steel here and there, stronger concrete and so on. Way more square footage than what we need, but I was tired of being limited on space at the old place. How in the world does a person accumulate so much stuff? I Run extra wires outside for future street lights and even run under ground conduit for the satellite wire. I have tried to think ahead for any possible scenario, but I now see there was a few things could have been done different.

Would like to build a work shop / garage to keep the farm tractor and other stuff in the dry.

2 steps and have maybe 4" each end. Yes, Those are burn out marks.

2steps.jpg

:rolleyes:I may have gotten in trouble with the wife for doing burnouts on her fz6r in our old garage. But in my defense I needed to get the oil warm before I changed it.

I guess i can't complain then.;)
I have an 18 x 32 attached garage for the wife's truck and it also serves as storage for the winters firewood.
Then i have the 70 x 46" shop,,Gawd how i love thatta one!.
And i have a 100 x 56 pole barn.
Plenty room for everything but the trailers.

I guess i can't complain then.;)
I have an 18 x 32 attached garage for the wife's truck and it also serves as storage for the winters firewood.
Then i have the 70 x 46" shop,,Gawd how i love thatta one!.
And i have a 100 x 56 pole barn.
Plenty room for everything but the trailers.

Did you ever reinforce the roof on that pole barn?

I started on that project Last year. i renewed the bottom half of the long back wall and doubled up the rotted off poles.
I plan on doing some more this summer but i don't plan on doing it by myself(i had my fill last year trying to things with two hands when 6 were required).
My brother semi retired from his construction business last fall so maybe he's looking for something to do.

My brother says that roof is going nowhere,..just replace the rotted off poles and put a bolt trough every pole and rafter joint.

Garage is 30 x 34 and shop is 42 x 60, neither are big enough LOL Working on a new shop in the next 2 years 81 x 100. See how long it take me to fill that up :) Problem is stuff seems to just get bigger, old camper fit in the shop, new one is 16" to tall :( Miss working on it when it's cold out, now all my mods have to happen between camping trips.

Last edited:
Back