• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

problem with new home.

devildogadam

Reaction score
I have a problem with my new home in Washington!

Attachments

• 20150303_193914.jpg
    20150303_193914.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20150303_193903.jpg
    20150303_193903.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20150303_193840.jpg
    20150303_193840.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 19
Problem somewhat solved...

Attachments

• 20150303_194429.jpg
    20150303_194429.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20150303_194528.jpg
    20150303_194528.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20150303_194620.jpg
    20150303_194620.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20150303_194558.jpg
    20150303_194558.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 17
Yeah, mine doesn't really fit into mine either. It will fit but its not fun getting into or out of the truck inside the garage or trying to walk around the truck. I gave up and let the wife have the house garage to herself.

I was going to say you could put a marker or stop up to help know just how far you can pull in but looks like you found the built in stop.

A friend's mom had a small garage and used tennis balls hanging from ceiling to mark how far to pull into garage. My buddy helped get her car home once and tried to watch the ball just touch the windshield then wham he hit the back wall. He mistakenly pulled into the wrong spot and her car had a longer front end than her husbands car. At least your stop is idiot proof just hit it real slow.

2 car garage.

No sympathy here, I'm sitting with a single:

A34623FE-5140-4282-8A63-D8E04A6771D2_zpsiiptqyeo.jpg

No idea where all my stuff is going to go. Still have lots of work to do on it (cabinets, heat, wiring, etc).

At least I can get the truck in and close the door if needed. Can't walk around it though. Gotta love it when work forces you to move. I miss my shop....

That's the problem with homes these days.. when I was in the market I could not find a home that had a garage big enough to fit a truck (much less a lifted one). I'm building my next home, so I can do it the way I want.

My son bought a small subdivision home several years ago ('07) and was all set to get an '06 GMC ext cab 1/2 ton when he told the dealer to hang on until the next day after he measured his garage again. He had to get a Tundra because the GMC was too long. Yet I have a detached standard size (in the '50s) 2 car garage at the farm and it's 28 feet deep.

I use 4Low and this helps it fit. I literally back it up on and over two concrete steps. I need to make a ramp or hammer the concrete steps out. makes it easier to get the trans out as the back is already in the air...

My son bought a small subdivision home several years ago ('07) and was all set to get an '06 GMC ext cab 1/2 ton when he told the dealer to hang on until the next day after he measured his garage again. He had to get a Tundra because the GMC was too long. Yet I have a detached standard size (in the '50s) 2 car garage at the farm and it's 28 feet deep.

Yes, it's like that everywhere. I looked at 50+ houses ~3 years ago and all had the same problem. Built for small cars.

Beg to differ. They are not built for small cars, they are built to put a 'check' in the listing's box for 'Garage' in an effort to get more money for less usable space . . . :(
He's on to it....

Although I must say, moving into a house with a single car garage is working wonders for motivating my plans to "downsize" for retirement!

:)

My step-brother built his house with a three car heated/air conditioned garage big enough for three crew cab long bed trucks.
Best thing ever!

My new house on the other hand. Is like stated above. It barely fits my 2010 Chevrolet Equinox and 2000 Saturn wagon.
But, this is why I have a shop!

Ya, crew cab, long bed, 1 ton.....My truck has never seen the inside of a garage.

Although I did manage to squeeze 2 motorcycles, Saturn, and Envoy XL in our garage. It's a pain to get in and out, but at least we didn't have to scrape windows every morning. The Envoy had just a couple inches to spare, it was tight.

garage.jpg

This spring I am hopefully going to finally put the finishing touches on the new house with an attached garage. I have measured and measured and finally have almost decided on a 32' X 48'. I think I could about get at least two 2500HD's bumper to bumper in one side. The other side would be for the wife's vehicle and maybe from time to time a UTV.

This spring I am hopefully going to finally put the finishing touches on the new house with an attached garage. I have measured and measured and finally have almost decided on a 32' X 48'. I think I could about get at least two 2500HD's bumper to bumper in one side. The other side would be for the wife's vehicle and maybe from time to time a UTV.

I went 40 x 32 and realized as soon as I put tools in it that I should have gone 48 x 32 just so I had room for the tools and bathroom before I loaded it up

Yea, It seems no matter how big you build a shed or garage it does not take very long to fill it up. My basement is 42 x 64 and once I put the bathroom and then all the mechanical equipment down there space started going away fast. I can see where tall shelves and neat organizing is going to help with the man cave items such as hunting stuff.

I messed up big time when we were laying out the house. We could have put a basement under the garage and used parking garage planks for the garage floor. We would have got a 30 x 32' clear span room for about $10,000 more than it cost us as it would have been finished.

I did one for a friend shortly after that was 36' x 36' It was awesome

It is never big enough, we just build what we can afford at the time. My shop is 48x72, dang I wish it was 50x100 like my brothers. But I had mine 10 yrs before him.:)

Back