• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

problem fixed (stalling no more)

kenmatt

Reaction score
New PMD from Leroy prob. solved. Checked harmonic bal. Sound test w stethoscope,and visual sounds good looks good ,oil lines are wet that's next. Thanks to you all for your help and Leroy diesel for over the weekend delivery to Stacy ( my girl ). Another 500 mile round tripper to Maine to visit my daughter at the university in orino and to get away from Boston for obvious reasons in the very near future.

Good going Ken, always nice to hear when a problem gets solved.
When My PMD crapped out, the engine would rev against redline, then cut off, almost die, then back to redline, along with lots of black smoke when it would rev. Nedless to say, i was on ice and the truck was almost uncontrollable. LOL
Just another sign of a PMD going bad, to warn You about. LOL
get a spare just for the comfort of it. LOL

Yeah, try having a fairly hopped up 6.5 with a low stall speed coverter and 5:13 gears at a stoplight go full throttle pmd failure while as early 20 something mom is pushing a baby carriage right infront of you through the crosswalk.

It started spinning tires like I was power braking at the dragstrip trying to smoke the tires. Killed the key$ slammed into park, jumped out apologizing to the new mom, and promptly kicked dents in the door and fender.
I never owned a pmd since then except ones I gave away, usually attached to a ds4. Astonished that a forced recall never occurred.

Great, just went outside strong Oder of fuel noticed it dripping from Tranny area. Looks like I have something to do tomorrow hoping its something simple.

Yeah, try having a fairly hopped up 6.5 with a low stall speed coverter and 5:13 gears at a stoplight go full throttle pmd failure while as early 20 something mom is pushing a baby carriage right infront of you through the crosswalk.

It started spinning tires like I was power braking at the dragstrip trying to smoke the tires. Killed the key$ slammed into park, jumped out apologizing to the new mom, and promptly kicked dents in the door and fender.
I never owned a pmd since then except ones I gave away, usually attached to a ds4. Astonished that a forced recall never occurred.
Good thing You were solid on the brake pedal, that could have been dissasterfull.
I bet the poor lady just about had a real, non baby, mess to clean up.

Back