• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pressure Washers

What, you guys never watched project farm on YouTube? Dude starts more lawn mowers in month for his experiments than most people do in a lifetime. I don’t remember him ever using a pull cord to start one- always a drill.

I tried it once years ago using a 1/2” pneumatic impact. The impacting part of it was my error. Using a drill= magic.

What, you guys never watched project farm on YouTube? Dude starts more lawn mowers in month for his experiments than most people do in a lifetime. I don’t remember him ever using a pull cord to start one- always a drill.

I tried it once years ago using a 1/2” pneumatic impact. The impacting part of it was my error. Using a drill= magic.
I watched someone do that to.. i was about 13 told him it would work because I saw my friends Dad do it. I learned the difference between an impact and big drill that day.. :(

I got this electric pressure washer.

I got it used at a pawn shop for $100 2 years ago. It does what I want around the house.
If I did it again, I would buy it new from Home Depot. I like having a warranty.

I bought the Harbor Freight Portland electric power washer four years ago at their parking lot tent sale for $63. 1600 psi and 1.8 gpm. I feed it with a 3/4" garden hose. It has an adjustable nozzle tip from 0° to about 60° fan. It has been trouble free and I've used it for everything from cleaning my 500 ft² deck to my double wide driveway to cleaning the engine compartments of my vehicles/undersides/washing them. Far more power than any garden hose nozzle, extremely portable and does a damn good job for what it is. Best damn three Jacksons investment I ever made, just in the money saved vs the neighborhood quarter carwash to clean engine compartments before working on family vehicles.

You can stand back to reduce pressure, pressure and lots of water, mainly lots of water are what provide cleaning units which can be multiplied with heat. steamer full view.JPGsteamer air.JPG

That Simpson in the first poist looks dandy,,,, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nuch better than a small one.

I got a pop up from Lowes, they sell Simpson and see some nice units starting about a grand. They got enuf water, 3.5 and 4 gpm it starts to do real work. They make good electric units also but they aint 300$ either. I live where there is mud and snow, ice and salt. I deice in the winter so have 5 gpm and hot, not like a warm 125 water heater but 200 for cutting ice.
Cold works good for dirt. I am not sure of the cost now but if I could get away with the cold in warmer clime maybe, didnt need to cut oil or grease look at pressure washer direct for 5 hp, they run from a 30 circuit and have enuf power to be a real tool.

I love those ole diesel heated power washers. used one when I was in shop class in high school. that old thing would get so hot it could melt the paint right off what you were washing seemed like. LOL

we used it before prepping to paint things. I remember washing an old push mower frame to paint. it virtually was all bare metal when I was done!

I agree the Easy Clean looks like a dandy unit. At first the portAbility seems like a great idea and it is if a guy needs it but electric and plumbed in has its place also. If I had to do mine again it would be LP simply for a little convenience and maintenance. I might be building a water warmer tank for mine, I am heating very cold water all year and some tempering would save some fuel, not sucj a big deal at 2$ a gallon, bigger at 5 and I use some hot vs other chemicals, hot cleans stains and grease so much better. Not such an issue with dirt.
Built one from old parts for truck with 500 gallons of wate4r on it.
Steamer door.JPG

Back