• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PPE air box MOD

bikerboy

Reaction score
Don't know it this is in the right spot, but who here has done the PPE Air Box MOD? I did mine over the weekend then got curious so i took it for a drive. 21.?? MPG. Thats up 2 MPG. Makes me happy :eyebrows:

It after removing my stock intake and taking a look at it, the mod has to help. There are alot of restrictions..

I recently did the PPE air intake mod and the truck does seem to breathe better. The actual mod was a piece of cake. It also lets you clean out the big black plastic pieces really well! ;)

I did the mod about a week ago. It was a minor pain in the Ar$$e. ended up using a Dremal tool with a rotozip bit. Chewed it right out and then cleaned up the residue. Well worth the effort and I have gotten at least a 1 mpg increase in milage.

isn't it great that there are still companies out there that will share without raping you financially. I think it is outrageous the price they get for aa cold air package today. I also like the PPE mod as you have to look kinda close to see it. I put the small plate baffle back on top of it when I reinstalled it. I like mods you can't see for the sleeper effect.

Now I need to get my 4" exhaust system but, I wanty ity quiet so I can listen to my tunes on the long trip. I am tired of exhaust systems with the big drone. Any recommendations or comments??

I did the mod about a week ago. It was a minor pain in the Ar$$e. ended up using a Dremal tool with a rotozip bit. Chewed it right out and then cleaned up the residue. Well worth the effort and I have gotten at least a 1 mpg increase in milage.

isn't it great that there are still companies out there that will share without raping you financially. I think it is outrageous the price they get for aa cold air package today. I also like the PPE mod as you have to look kinda close to see it. I put the small plate baffle back on top of it when I reinstalled it. I like mods you can't see for the sleeper effect.

Now I need to get my 4" exhaust system but, I wanty ity quiet so I can listen to my tunes on the long trip. I am tired of exhaust systems with the big drone. Any recommendations or comments??

Barry, here is a link to help you out with your choosing an exhaust. I too am in the same boat as you. When the time is right I will be looking for something made with 304 stainless so it will last with all the ice melt chemicals they throw around here.

Barry, here is a link to help you out with your choosing an exhaust. I too am in the same boat as you. When the time is right I will be looking for something made with 304 stainless so it will last with all the ice melt chemicals they throw around here.

Mine is 304 Bill. I don't have the harsh winters you guys have but mine is holding up great. Been on 3+ years.

The link thread wasn't worth anything. there was no meaningful info in the thread. Everybody wanted noise.

Back